Any ACOG experts?

M4 or m16

• M4

• M16

• Tacos

• Neither, m16's/m4's are girly guns and men shoot m14,s

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes @Billybob270 i saw that as soon as I posted it. Ha
I'm looking at the 1.5x24 (TA45-2) due to a little bit more eye relief and I don't really
Want a fixed 4 power. I was going to buy the mount as well so later if I decided against the carry handle mount I could swap it

Just to throw out a possibly unwanted option, but since you're looking at a 1.5x, have you considered something in the way of an Aimpoint Micro T1 or T2? Rugged as all get out, half the price, less than half the size and weight. I own 4 various Aimpoint Micros, run them on all my carbines and SBR. Yes, they take a battery, but battery life is 50,000 hours. My first Micro T1, purchased many years ago, still has the original battery in it.

50,000 hours equates to 5 years, 258 days, or roughly 5 3/4 years (almost 5 years 9 months). That's when left on continuously, so in actual use, most folks will never burn out a battery in their Aimpoint Micro.

Yes @Billybob270 i saw that as soon as I posted it. Ha
I'm looking at the 1.5x24 (TA45-2) due to a little bit more eye relief and I don't really
Want a fixed 4 power. I was going to buy the mount as well so later if I decided against the carry handle mount I could swap it

Have you looked in the TA44 over the TA45? In my opinion it's the better of the two 1.5 acog offerings. But if the TA45 has a reticle you like then go with that.

Salmonfacesalad Salmonfacesalad yes i prefer the triangle reticle.

cmshoot cmshoot yes I've thought about aimpoint but I'm not a huge red dot fan. If I went with aimpoint I'd probably go comp m4 thanks for the advice. It's good to hear cause acogs are a lot of money

No worries! I'm just up the road and have access to a free range. If you wanna take a look at anything I've got, or wanna shoot 'em, give me a holler.

In line with the T1/T2 suggestion I would also give the Trijicon MRO a hard look as well. Great battery life, rugged, lots of mount options and made in the USA. I also think Trijicons customer service is better than Aimpoint.

I like ACOGs and for a long time they were my first choice for an optic but it is 2017. There are some very solid variable scopes on the market including some offerings from Trijicon. Now I only use ACOGs on clone builds.

I always wanted one for years and years, it was going to be the only optic I would need.....until I shot with one. It was a good clear piece of glass and functional, and I'm sure durable. But it was just meh for me at that price point. If they were 400-500 new sure but not at what they bring.

There is a learning curve on them I like them a good bit BUT they will take some getting used too.Eye relief is not too hard to obtain with some training on the Optic.Works really great on my 6.8 carbine

Aimless Aimless yes I have looked at the MRO and aimpoint last and eotech....I'm really just not a red dot sight and much prefer the triangle reticle or pseudo crosshair the acog provides... also I'm cross eyed dominant and have astigmatism so glass clarity and eye relief are factors

olchevy olchevy thanks for the insight. It's good to hear different opinions

Back
Top Bottom