• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice dealing on Armslist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a great deal on a gun on armslist. It is very far away across state lines.

I may have an uneasy feeling but would like to make a play. Anyone ever done a deal through armslist? Any experience will be helpful. I have a friend traveling to his town next week.

Thanks in advance
Just bad experience for me... won't use it again.

I bought a shotgun locally off Armslist and had no problems. I would make sure you or your friend meet them in a very public area and arrive early so you can get a chance to observe the area and how they arrive. I'm not paranoid but I like to maintain situational awareness. Hope you have a smooth transaction.

Yeah, I bought off armslist a few times. Its been like 6 or 7 years since I've bought. It was rough back then and is probably rough now.
-I got trolled to trade my handgun for a rifle by a guy from a non-free state. He wanted to UPS our guns to each other (no FFL). He was slick but I trusted my gut and passed. I told a buddy about it and he forwarded me a link a few weeks later. Turns out it was a under cover sting.
-Meet a guy a for a trade, ended up at a KKK compound.

There are good deals, but it's like craigslist. You really gotta watch your 6 and filter through the ****.

Just like any other trading site. Make sure to talk to them on the phone before meeting. You can tell a lot about someone from a quick phone call. If you have to send payment either use USPS money order or PayPal goods and services. If they insist on any other method of payment then bail.

Armslist is just like CL...you win some and you lose some, badly.

However, I just got a screaming deal on a high dollar pistol from a dealer selling on Armslist out of state. I spoke with him, checked his site and online feedback out and felt comfortable enough to send him a crap ton (for me) of money on a hard to find pistol.

He had open communication all the way and sent tracking info.

Armslist is just like CL...you win some and you lose some, badly.

However, I just got a screaming deal on a high dollar pistol from a dealer selling on Armslist out of state. I spoke with him, checked his site and online feedback out and felt comfortable enough to send him a crap ton (for me) of money on a hard to find pistol.

He had open communication all the way and sent tracking info.
Ok so whacha git?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom