• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any african grey/parrot owners?

Get a Cockatiel. Parrots and Cockatoos can **** you up if they get moody. Cockatiels are just as much fun without the risk of losing an eye or other injury.

Having a large bird is a LONG term commitment. I’m with Bypass on this but, a lot of it depends on the time you can commit to it. They are social animals, and require a lot of attention. I had an Eclectus and, he was awesome but, life changes made it difficult to offer the attention he deserved. Also keep in mind that these birds can live upward of 60 years so, you have to plan ahead and hopefully have someone you can will it to after you’re gone.

Unless you are 20-30 years old, who will care for the bird should something happen to you? These animals are long lived and attach to the original owners..

These birds require a lifetime commitment, like a marriage, they can be moody, noisy, and just down right bossy, if not given time, attention, training, and keep the wing feathers clipped without cutting into the quick of the claws.

If you got the time, training patience, and want a friend they are great, however animal needs stability, understanding, and patience...

FFB83E5E-3031-4A75-A0F2-786A67D4EC69.jpeg
CFC2BE92-1761-4CBA-B940-534147D1F721.jpeg
I have an African Gray. They aren’t really a lot of work, but definitely have to spend a lot of time with them if you don’t want an animal that you can’t touch without getting a bite. I can’t express how important it is to get a baby from a reputable breeder. It’s a ton of work at first with all the hand feeding, but it’s worth the reward in my opinion. It’s going to be very expensive no matter what species you get. Grays run about $2500.They generally attach to one person. I’m the only one in my house who can handle my bird.He is hilarious though. Makes me laugh every day. PM me if you want the name of a breeder who guarantees her birds health.

View attachment 2210450 View attachment 2210453 I have an African Gray. They aren’t really a lot of work, but definitely have to spend a lot of time with them if you don’t want an animal that you can’t touch without getting a bite. I can’t express how important it is to get a baby from a reputable breeder. It’s a ton of work at first with all the hand feeding, but it’s worth the reward in my opinion. It’s going to be very expensive no matter what species you get. Grays run about $2500.They generally attach to one person. I’m the only one in my house who can handle my bird.He is hilarious though. Makes me laugh every day. PM me if you want the name of a breeder who guarantees her birds health.
Beautiful bird man.

Back
Top Bottom