• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any AK builders/AK gun smiths in my area (Griffin/Barnesville)?

Farmer_1

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've built a few ARs, which wasn't difficult at all. I've taken an interest in AKs, and realize that is a whole different ball-game.

I was wondering if there were any good, reputable AK builders/smiths in my general area (Griffin, Barnesville, Thomaston, Fayetteville, Jonesboro, Macon, etc...) I'm about half way between Atlanta and Macon (a little closer to Macon).

I talked to a gun-smith a while back and asked if they worked on AKs. The guy said no, they do not work on AKs and he gave me the impression I insulted him for asking.

Any info appreciated!

AKs are total cake.....

Other than the pins and the trunion (which require special tools,) they are super easy to work on....

Any monkey can fix one. They do it every day. Youtube is your friend. Watch at least 3 videos of anything you intend to do, and you can do it just as well as any gunsmith-as long as no special machining is required.

AKs rock!

AKs are total cake.....

Other than the pins and the trunion (which require special tools,) they are super easy to work on....

Any monkey can fix one. They do it every day. Youtube is your friend. Watch at least 3 videos of anything you intend to do, and you can do it just as well as any gunsmith-as long as no special machining is required.

AKs rock!
Thanks for all the comments.

I did not have any specifics in mind, but was thinking about possibly buying an AK kit and having one built. I've looked at some of the riveting tools online, and it would cost around $350 or $400 or more, just for the riveting tools. And, I don't have a hydraulic press.

I am a tinkerer though and have a technical/skilled trades background. I do most of the work on my own firearms, for the most part, which mostly involves assembly, disassembly, polishing metal parts, refinishing, etc...

I was just wondering if there was anyone fairly close by just in case.

Thanks...

My work colleague builds tons of AK's , i purchased a 5.56 AK from him that was built from a parts kit. He has all the tooling needed to build them . He is a true AK enthusiast , he can tell you anything you could ever want to know about an AK. Send him a PM if he doesn't respond, PM me and i will go in the shop and get him to answer his PM's.

My work colleague builds tons of AK's , i purchased a 5.56 AK from him that was built from a parts kit. He has all the tooling needed to build them . He is a true AK enthusiast , he can tell you anything you could ever want to know about an AK. Send him a PM if he doesn't respond, PM me and i will go in the shop and get him to answer his PM's.
Hey, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I have a few AKs already, and really don't need another one. But I have taken a liking to them. I just sold one of my SKSs and have money burning a hole in my pocket to buy another AK. :D

If you can dream it , he can build . The Ak he built for me drives nails and has zero issues ! Send him a PM and see what he can build for your budget .

Back
Top Bottom