• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any ATV guys?

Npowers66

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
358   1
Reaction score
So I’m looking at getting my first atv. For riding around the house and riding with some buddies. I’m looking at at least A 400-700 cc. I’m having a tough time finding a dealership. Looking new/used. If I go used I don’t want something beat to ****. What brands to stay away from. I was looking at can-am outlanders and Honda fourtrax rancher. Any tips appreciated. Should I look at out of state dealerships? Any benefits to that tax breaks and such? Thanks

I’ll drop my two cents , I just sold my Yamaha raptor 700R 2019 and Honda foreman rubicon 2019
EF0E3317-D42E-4562-8BA9-7EC8DA0B1F3E.jpeg

You mentioned the rancher - you can’t really beat its reliability but even the more torqier foreman rubicon was disappointingly under powered to me.. The rancher is a perfect bike for an older gent that just wants smooth slower ride..& wants thousands of hours of problem free riding

You mentioned the can am outlander , if your talking 850 or 1000 then I dig it , plenty of power ... king of performance

It depends what you want , And what your level of experience is... I miss that Yamaha raptor 700R because it brought me the most joy riding because it was the fastest lol.

if you have never rode before then the foreman or rancher would be a great start!

if you have plenty of experience riding then I might suggest the Yamaha kodiak 700 or the can am 850 ... if you want the front two wheels to pop up then the 1000 is your bike

I would stay away from Polaris & be very careful buying used ...

you can’t beat out of state no taxes, Honda power sports southern Chattanooga sold me that loaded to the max 19 rubicon for 7700$ out the door... I used it for one year then sold it for $7500

I’ll drop my two cents , I just sold my Yamaha raptor 700R 2019 and Honda foreman rubicon 2019
View attachment 2795818

You mentioned the rancher - you can’t really beat its reliability but even the more torqier foreman rubicon was disappointingly under powered to me.. The rancher is a perfect bike for an older gent that just wants smooth slower ride..& wants thousands of hours of problem free riding

You mentioned the can am outlander , if your talking 850 or 1000 then I dig it , plenty of power ... king of performance

It depends what you want , And what your level of experience is... I miss that Yamaha raptor 700R because it brought me the most joy riding because it was the fastest lol.

if you have never rode before then the foreman or rancher would be a great start!

if you have plenty of experience riding then I might suggest the Yamaha kodiak 700 or the can am 850 or 1000

I would stay away from Polaris
Awesome. I’ve rode before plenty. Just never owned. Raptors are fun I love riding and switching gears. But I like the 4x4 way of riding. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Honda’s.

Awesome. I’ve rode before plenty. Just never owned. Raptors are fun I love riding and switching gears. But I like the 4x4 way of riding. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Honda’s.

If you can, go see my buddy Gus wolf at southern power Honda Chattanooga... he will let you demo a rancher on their course... he will give you a great deal also... tell him Joe Smith sent you.

Go Honda or Yamaha. With basic maintenance (which means hardly any), they’ll last decades.

The Yamaha Kodiak 700 is a killer deal. Priced roughly inline with other manufacturers 400-500cc class machines.
@CliffB get in here - he is the king of power sports advice ....

Now after owning the 2019 rubicon foreman loaded out, i tend to agree with Bennyboy Bennyboy , Yamaha kodiak 700 or can am outlander 1000 will be my next bike

Back
Top Bottom