• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Banjo Pickers in Here??

I can hold my own but am definitely more of a guitar player.
I believe I am a natural on banjo, given that I play a lot of fingerstyle on guitar, and open G tuning is easy, but I am not motivated enough to take it seriously like I do on guitar.
Good luck man. It is worth sticking with it.

I can hold my own but am definitely more of a guitar player.
I believe I am a natural on banjo, given that I play a lot of fingerstyle on guitar, and open G tuning is easy, but I am not motivated enough to take it seriously like I do on guitar.
Good luck man. It is worth sticking with it.
What you're describing is exactly why I'm a fan of Lindsey Buckingham. I've been listening to this one for that last few days:

Reactions: MRH
What you're describing is exactly why I'm a fan of Lindsey Buckingham. I've been listening to this one for that last few days:

Very good! That Taylor dreadnaught he's playing sounds wonderful.
I like playing electric, but acoustic has my heart and soul. Always has, always will.

Very good! That Taylor dreadnaught he's playing sounds wonderful.
I like playing electric, but acoustic has my heart and soul. Always has, always will.
Here's a guy that my wife and I saw in concert last month. A talented player (and a nice guitar).

Here's a guy that my wife and I saw in concert last month. A talented player (and a nice guitar).

Yeah I'm not crazy about that. I wonder why he doesn't use a mandolin if he's going to capo on the 10th fret...I've never seen anyone capo that high up. He isn't bad, just not my cup of tea.

I have listened to the Lindsey video 3x now. LOL...Its very good. He was always my favorite member of FM. Stevie was and is still good, though.

Yeah I'm not crazy about that. I wonder why he doesn't use a mandolin if he's going to capo on the 10th fret...I've never seen anyone capo that high up. He isn't bad, just not my cup of tea.

I have listened to the Lindsey video 3x now. LOL...Its very good. He was always my favorite member of FM. Stevie was and is still good, though.
I think he's playing it like that because the Mcpherson guitar company is a sponsor. He mentioned during his show that the company is owned by the same family who owns Mathews Archery.

Anyway, Harkin is Irish and grew up on that style of folk music, but in concert he plays a mix of country, folk, and rock. In the show we saw he played covers of Glen Campbell, Fleetwood Mac, and Metallica, as well as folk stuff, pub tunes, and his originals.

What brand picks are they? The Nationals were skinny and never could get used to the. I got some Dunlops because they were wider. Lots more comfortable to me.

Back
Top Bottom