• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any bird watchers here?

View attachment 3369328
View attachment 3369342
I stopped feeding when late fall came, 2 years ago...I could not give them the attention they needed..Bride comes first, but I do miss seeing them..One time I saw a pair mate on the feeder..Wish I had the cam ready..Sometimes I would sit outside in the middle of the two feeders while I read a book..Love to hear there chatter.

Awesome photo. I rarely have more than 2 on my porch at a time.

Yeah! I watch them crap all over my truck.
But here's a rare treat we experience up at Cherokee Hils golf resort. We had finished playing ,18 holes and we're sitting on the back porch chugging a couple of beers. My friend had his feet proper up on the banister while leaning back in his chair. Out of the blue a hummingbird no bigger than your thumb landed on his big toe and just sat there for maybe 10 to ,15 seconds checked us out and then flew off. My was closer to the banister so I got a real good look. Iridescent feathers just a beautiful bird. It truly was a treat to behold.

Sounds like a @Nonliberal moment!

Where did you get the feeder? And feed? I need a quality one, tired of cheap feeders that starts leaking.
Tractor supply…..
I saw a large bird on the ground in my neighbors yard last summer, it had a white head….I ran to get the phone for a pic, but it was just going over the tree tops when I got back….I thought, there’s NO WAY I just saw a Bald Eagle….two days later a friend that lives close by posted a pic of a Bald Eagle in a tree in his yard…and sure enough, about a week later he was flying high over the house, and I got it on video….I have no idea where he may be nesting, but haven’t seen him since….

Sounds like a @Nonliberal moment!

Peckerhead.jpg

Back
Top Bottom