• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any birdwatchers in the house?

I have a monster pine that is between the house and creek..This puppy is a good 60+ tall, with massive holes halfway up. Strange thing is it is green to the top, after the holes..Main bird that still hammer away, is a Pileated Wood Pecker. He is a monster, that damn tree needs to come down and hauled off..Frankly I don't know why it still standing.

I have a monster pine that is between the house and creek..This puppy is a good 60+ tall, with massive holes halfway up. Strange thing is it is green to the top, after the holes..Main bird that still hammer away, is a Pileated Wood Pecker. He is a monster, that damn tree needs to come down and hauled off..Frankly I don't know why it still standing.
Those pileated are very territorial. We used a calling app on my phone hooked to a speaker to call them in.
Worked great until they realized they'd been had. After a few times they got wise and quit coming.

I've had a lot of activity from Red Headed woodpeckers, seems to love the suet feeder I have out there. Just took a pic of one picking through the birdseed I have out. My phone sucks for taking pic's on full zoom, he decided to hang out on the far side of the feeder after I stepped outside for the pic.

IMG_20210429_191040212.jpg

Back
Top Bottom