• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Buford, GA Mechanics or Recommended Mechanics for a 2017 Dodge Challenger?

HSR

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
66   0
Reaction score
The last week or so I have had an issue with losing coolant in my v6 2017 Dodge Challenger. Obviously causing it to overheat. Have used some of the 'sealant' solutions when I fill the coolant back up and do not see any serious leakage, but then again my mechanic knowledge stops at changing the oil, tire, or headlight bulbs.

Looking to get fixed if at all possible tomorrow as I am supposed to be doing quite a bit of driving starting Monday of next week and can't have this issue cause a larger issue with the wife and kid in the car.

If there are any mechanics that have the ability to help me out and have access to parts should they be needed such as a reservoir, radiator (hope not), etc.. I'd be happy to pay for your service with cash, silver, ammo (9mm/5.56/.30-30WIN, 300BO) mid-tier AR15 or a Glock 19. The more convenient the better (i.e. you can do the work at my house in Buford), but I understand with stuff like this that isn't always possible. I don't have a ton of cash to spend so looking to get the leakage/overheating fixed at decent price, but I also am not looking for a "Band-Aid" for the issue.

Any recommendations for mechanics around the 30519 area would be appreciated as well (ideally open on Saturdays).

Thanks in advance!

Oil cooler/filter housing.
Not 100% but 95% chance that’s your issue.
Get a flashlight and look underneath the oil filter assembly and see if there’s moisture if so there’s your issue.
You’ll need the housing, upper and lower intake gaskets, and new oil to complete the job. Don’t drain the oil until after the unit is replaced because water will mix with oil in the process then drain it out and refill, new filter is already in the filter housing.
If you have a tapping noise it’s best to pull the valve covers as well while you’re in there and change whichever roller is failing before it eats the cam.

Here’s one I did recently with 10lbs of silicone on the intake and cam ate up

Attachments

• 82978FDE-7F3C-4E29-B90D-19D02B5B5317.jpeg
    82978FDE-7F3C-4E29-B90D-19D02B5B5317.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2BBA8DBD-1636-42CC-8359-77F7CD3A254C.jpeg
    2BBA8DBD-1636-42CC-8359-77F7CD3A254C.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 11
  • A1874556-66B9-462A-AE63-6546A73B4DBB.jpeg
    A1874556-66B9-462A-AE63-6546A73B4DBB.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 11
I use Team Ryan automotive for anything I cant do My self, they are great people and have ASE dealer trained techs
2959 S Waterworks Rd, Buford, GA 30518

(678) 765-7926
Off topic but I took my truck there for tire rotation and alignment and it was still off afterwards. Not to mention lug nut missing on front right wheel. Brought it back in to have corrected after noticing the tires feathering. Was told it was the tires and camber issue. Took it to another shop Gran Turismo East and was told the alignment they did was way off and camber was within spec. Tires wore evenly afterwards. Just sharing my experience. They may do great engine work.

Off topic but I took my truck there for tire rotation and alignment and it was still off afterwards. Not to mention lug nut missing on front right wheel. Brought it back in to have corrected after noticing the tires feathering. Was told it was the tires and camber issue. Took it to another shop Gran Turismo East and was told the alignment they did was way off and camber was within spec. Tires wore evenly afterwards. Just sharing my experience. They may do great engine work.

Gran Turismo East is THE shop to fix any and all tire and alignment problems. I swear they are more in the business to get things right than make money.

When dealerships f up, they tow the car to GTE!!!

Gran Turismo East is THE shop to fix any and all tire and alignment problems. I swear they are more in the business to get things right than make money.

When dealerships f up, they tow the car to GTE!!!
I took my BMW E30 M3 , for an alignment after installing my suspension, they were not able to get my rear toe correct and the car still pulled really hard to the right. The tech was unfriendly and complained about the rear the whole time, I was quite surprised. Not saying they aren't good...just sharing my experience...

Back
Top Bottom