Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob62

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
261   0
Reaction score
Howdy fellow ODT'ers.

Unfortunately it's that time many of us hate more than going to the dentist. It's time to purchase a new vehicle.

Being a huge fan of ODT and it's members I'd like to give my business, read $$, to a fellow ODT member.

So here is what I am looking for.

First and foremost it HAS to be an exceptional deal. The kind I got with my Nissan Frontier which I purchased new and several dealers told me that the dealer I ended up purchasing the vehicle from could not make the deal which they did :)

I am looking for a mid size SUV, think Nissan Murano, but am not hung up on manufacturer or model. The bottom line for me is a track record of being reliable with good reports. Used is OK, as long as mileage is low and only 1-2 years old at best. (And NO I am not paying new vehicle prices for a used vehicle). Did I mention it had t be a great deal (Think True Car "actual sales" prices chart and be on the left or even under the left side of that chart).

I have no trade in to cloudy up the purchase, and my credit score is really good like 800 good. I have some $$ as a downpayment also. I am ready to make a deal the day I find something that fits my criteria and is an exceptional deal - did I mention that point enough.

So if you are a car salesman and hungry to make a sale drop me a PM. I'll probably be out looking at what's available Wednesday and Thursday.

Look at my ODT feedback and you'll see I'm a no nonsense stand up sort of guy, who believes in the saying "my word is my bond". Not just kicking tires here.

Regards,

Rob

When I sold cars, I made most of my money selling beaters. Those buyers were my best customers and often brought in friends or family to buy their cars. Plus they came back every 12 to 18 months for another ride.

You make your money with volume, not single sales.

Hi Chatsworth - I'd love to give you or any other ODT member the opportunity to sell me a car. Too bad you are not still selling cars.

The great thing about purchasing vehicles in today's market is the technology we have to get a really good idea of what wholesale prices are. And more importantly the various web sites that show real world sold prices. I shamelessly use that information to my benefit. And I encourage everyone else to do that as well.

What the consumer does not see is the factory / hidden rebates that manufacturers give their dealerships or what some called "back end" incentives. Which sounds terribly gay - not that there is anything wrong with that. So that is a wild card.

With that said, I understand that a business has to make a profit. No one can sell vehicles at a loss.

I have way overpaid for vehicles. Sometimes because I had lousy credit. Sometimes because I got taken by the trade in. And sometimes just because the pricing information was not available as it is today.

What I can promise any salesman - I am ready to buy. Give me your best price up front - don't tell me something like "well if you find something less expensive at another dealer call us back and we'll see what we can do"..........I hate that more than anything. Because it says you are not giving me your lowest price right now.

I am going to go to multiple sources and based on prices given will make the best purchase I can.

"Give me your best price up front - don't tell me something like "well if you find something less expensive at another dealer call us back and we'll see what we can do"..."

Unless you are dealing with the owner himself, that is not gonna happen. The salesman does not set the price.

Like you said, it is a business, and the salesman is an employee there. He does what his bosses tell him to do, else he gets fired.

You can always just deal with the owner, and I guarantee you will think you got a smokin hot deal, but you will definitely over pay. House deals aren't deals.

There are tons of costs involved in the car business, and there is no getting around that. Decide what you want and your price point, find that exact car and go make a deal. If not what you think the price should be, find another car and another dealership.

Nothin personal, just biddness.

Howdy fellow ODT'ers.

Unfortunately it's that time many of us hate more than going to the dentist. It's time to purchase a new vehicle.

Being a huge fan of ODT and it's members I'd like to give my business, read $$, to a fellow ODT member.

So here is what I am looking for.

First and foremost it HAS to be an exceptional deal. The kind I got with my Nissan Frontier which I purchased new and several dealers told me that the dealer I ended up purchasing the vehicle from could not make the deal which they did :)

I am looking for a mid size SUV, think Nissan Murano, but am not hung up on manufacturer or model. The bottom line for me is a track record of being reliable with good reports. Used is OK, as long as mileage is low and only 1-2 years old at best. (And NO I am not paying new vehicle prices for a used vehicle). Did I mention it had t be a great deal (Think True Car "actual sales" prices chart and be on the left or even under the left side of that chart).

I have no trade in to cloudy up the purchase, and my credit score is really good like 800 good. I have some $$ as a downpayment also. I am ready to make a deal the day I find something that fits my criteria and is an exceptional deal - did I mention that point enough.

So if you are a car salesman and hungry to make a sale drop me a PM. I'll probably be out looking at what's available Wednesday and Thursday.

Look at my ODT feedback and you'll see I'm a no nonsense stand up sort of guy, who believes in the saying "my word is my bond". Not just kicking tires here.

Regards,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom