• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Car Salesmen Here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it sounds like I am trying to stick it to them - really I'm not. And doesn't everyone who tries to stick it to them say that ;) .

What I am trying to do as an informed, frugal - some would say cheap bastard - is get the best deal I can. Shouldn't we all be doing that ?!?...

I don't go through a lot of vehicles. I purchase them only about every 7-10 years or so. (Either low mileage used or new) And it's been about 10 years since I purchased the Hyundai Vera Cruz that I am replacing so unfortunately it's that time.

Reactions: MRM
We got it about four months before we had our first daughter. They are old enough now. I would love to sell it and rid myself of some bills.
I would be happy in that 2005 Volvo just listed. We only put about 9k a year on it anyway.
My trade was sold the next day (saw it driving) so I got ripped.
44K is nothing for miles. You will sell it quick if you put it up.

Good read ! Rob I sell new and used i'm checking for ya right now ! My name is Carlos i'm at Rick Hendrick in Buford. I'm all about getting my clients the vehicle they want despite what my bosses tell me! I'm about my clients! I take my time with them to make sure there is no buyers remorse!! I know car sales men are not really liked. But i'm not that guy!! 770-731-5015

OP, are you a USAA member? I understand they have a car buying service. From what I have seen on it, they do well as far as getting the price right for the buyer.

Ghostrican - PM inbound.

Yes, I am a USAA member. Really have not thought about that route at all. Thank you for pointing that out. I will have to contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

My dealership their internet price is it
Everyday cost them 87 bucks to set in the lot and everyday cost them money
Every 10 days its discounted again if it doesnt sell they auction or wholesale it

Lots customers tries to get it way cheaper then dealer can get from wholesale

With that said
Most time internet price is it
If they have to drop more they will wholesale and still make money could be 100 bucks could be 4k

So shop internet prices and get stock number

But watch the bait cars those low prices to good pass up
As those are sold and they use those to get you in door

I am NOT a sales guy
Just mechanic

Bear in mind that in general, a salesman at a dealership is not your friend. Everything about the dealership, including how the salesman greets you, the show room, the displays, the sales tactics, etc are choreographed to extract the maximum amount of revenue from the buyer. While it offends and insults a few informed buyers, the tactics work for the average Joe whose primary concern is how much their payment will be.

If you do have a "friend" at a dealership, unless he is the sales manager or owner, anything you "negotiate" with him is still subject to the approval of the sales manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom