• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Carolina Skiff experts here?

rbalan

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
9   0
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the value and demand for a 2003 CS 238. It has been sitting on a covered lift for several years. According to my BIL, it ran a little rough 2 summers ago. I’ve seen some similar asking $16000 plus that are supposedly in good working order. I’ve looked at NADA and it appears totally irrelevant. Any input is appreciated.

I get that, but there is other factors such as Covid pricing, a sought after model, low inventories in the market, etc. It was used for freshwater hybrid/striper fishing, and obviously would work for inter coastal areas. It’s a Yamaha 115 btw. If there are any die hard striper fishermen here, I figured they may have a good idea of it’s worth.

Yes there is Covid pricing involved
If you had a 10k boat it’s now selling for $15-$17k
Regular price doesn’t exist anymore

If it ran rough 2 summers ago and nothing has been done to alleviate any problems, I highly doubt it’s better now. As others have said, there’s many variables unaccounted for and #1 is the motor. If there’s a 2018 150 Yamaha on it or a 2003 115 Mercury then the valuation is going to fluctuate by thousands.

Here’s one to kind of compare. Asking 16K. Is his the same make/model?

https://m.powerboatlistings.com/view/58214

Without knowing specifics of condition, included equipment, pics, engine functionality, location, etc, it’s almost impossible to determine a starting price. There is a lot of information people want/need before they’ll buy.

Thanks for the replies. It is fairly decked out; Bimini, graph, trolling motor, tandem trailer, etc. We were planning to take it to a marine mechanic to get it up to par, but someone we know wants to make an offer before we get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom