• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Cub fans here?

My Grandfather was the manager for the cubs in 64 and 65 I think and General manager in the late 70's and early 80's....we used to saw bats in half for firewood. I was only about 9 at the time but now I think back on how many bats of hall of famers I sawed in half and burned. When I was 5 I got to meet Mr. Wrigley on his private Jet

manager

Attachments

• cubs2.png
    cubs2.png
    253 KB · Views: 34
My Grandfather was the manager for the cubs in 64 and 65 I think and General manager in the late 70's and early 80's....we used to saw bats in half for firewood. I was only about 9 at the time but now I think back on how many bats of hall of famers I sawed in half and burned. When I was 5 I got to meet Mr. Wrigley on his private Jet

Holy crap that's an amazing story.

To the OP I grew up watching the Braves on TBS, but when they were not on I could normally find a cubs game on WGN. So they ended up being my other team just because I could watch their games. I always liked the persona as the loveable loosers, even though they had some real good ball players. And Harry Karay called a great game. I hope they win it all.

Holy crap that's an amazing story.

To the OP I grew up watching the Braves on TBS, but when they were not on I could normally find a cubs game on WGN. So they ended up being my other team just because I could watch their games. I always liked the persona as the loveable loosers, even though they had some real good ball players. And Harry Karay called a great game. I hope they win it all.
My uncle is a 4 time all star catcher and is now a scout for the cubs

Back
Top Bottom