• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Diabetics use Humalog or Solostar?

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
My aunt passed away Mother's day (night of) and she had these medications leftover.
I know they are expensive and someone needs them to live.
Aunt Joyce would want to make sure they were properly dispatched
insulin.jpg

I do not know how to properly dispose of them. If anyone with experience knows what to do with them and wouldn't mind disposing of them properly for me it would be of great help.

All within expiration and from a clean home.
I will leave them in my refrigerator until someone can get them to the correct disposal facilities for me.
Thanks

2 boxes humalog quikpens 1 unit missing
100 units humalog bottle
1 box lantus solostar opened
2 boxes toujeo solostar unopened

try NAED, North Atlanta Endocrinology and Diabetes. They will take them and pass them on to poorer patients to supplement their meds. Those pens are roughly $100/each retail. Not per box, per pen.

Call any reputable medical practice and ask them.

try NAED, North Atlanta Endocrinology and Diabetes. They will take them and pass them on to poorer patients to supplement their meds. Those pens are roughly $100/each retail. Not per box, per pen.

Call any reputable medical practice and ask them.
Thank you sir, will do if no one can help me in the meantime from here

My heart is heavy hearing this, at least she is at peace now with our Lord..Prayer up..
Thank you brother but she went right. She went fast at the end and nobody had to wipe her ass or clean up her ****. Kind of like we all want to go. We mourned her in her last few days and were happy when she decided to go.

Good news. I finally found a place called Healing Hands up here (for future reference in NW GA) that came to me and got them because they needed them immediately.
Its pretty much the homeless Dr office ran by a nice old lady and 10 medical professionals. Open one day a week and the Drs/RNs rotate through monthly. It was a pretty decent thing (or a good sales pitch if it was a lie)
Lady told me that bottle of Humalog would be $700 if you had to pay for it out of pocket. I assume most indigent folks don't have the best health care.

Back
Top Bottom