• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any duck hunters here!?

bsmith104

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
Just moved to GA in Feb and I'm looking for some places to go. Any paid hunting opportunities? I know you can hunt Lanier and Allatoona, but what all do you need permit wise? Trying to get a boat this summer to get out and cruise.

Most of the Ga lakes are legal for waterfowl without a special permit. If you are on wildlife mgt. area, you need the WMA stamp. Both Alatoona and Lanier have WMA areas. On Lanier you need to be the required distances from parks and docks and all. Its probably the same for Alatoona, but it has a lot more WMA area. Be sure to check the DNR regs to make sure you stay out of trouble. It probably goes without saying, but duck hunting is tough here. I have a friend who guides north of Lanier,on private land. If you want his info let me know. Good luck

Check some of the hunting clubs around. They may have some waterfowl opportunities. I have three guys in my club that that join only for the ducks. Good luck!!

Check some of the hunting clubs around. They may have some waterfowl opportunities. I have three guys in my club that that join only for the ducks. Good luck!!

Hey, sounds good to me. Any openings? Beaver swamps around Athens? It used to be pretty good . Killed a lot of mallards over that way.

Back
Top Bottom