• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any fellow welders/fabricators here?

There is a great video clip about Heatin and a Beatin welding on the internet but I dont know how to put it on here. If anybody knows how, put it out here. It is worth watching and listening too.
Brewton, Alabama.

You’d have to of been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Auto body steel, aluminum, and mig brazing. Not as prestigious as aircraft or underwater welding, but I have to pass regular welding and structural welding test every 5 years or I will be out of a job. The insurance companies demand the testing not the industry. I did more fabricating in the 80s and early 90s than now.

Every five years 'dang' I have to take one every year and pass a coupon on every 'Big' job. (Stadium, Power house) etc....

Like I said not as prestigious. I do test welds with destructive testing for every structural repair. Sorry my job is not as important as yours.

I am mig and tig certified, I re-cert each every two years. I do mig re-certs on odd numbered years, and tig on even. Rolls Royce eye tests every two years. They keep a pretty tight leash on us guys. I used to hand fabricate custom motorcycles, and hanger equipment, but it's been a while since I've built anything of interest.

Back
Top Bottom