• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any flooring guys on here? Whos got the best Laminate?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
We thought we had decided 3 times on different brands but every time we find out something we dont like about it. Im putting down 1776 sq ft of it on an open floor plan. We have a dog and dont want something that scratches. Need to stick with 12mm. We've looked at HD, Lowes and Floor and Decor. Right now we're looking at Allen Roth from Lowes. It gets good reviews on resisting scratches. What have yall used/installed? I know tile and real hardwood floors. But the laminate Im learning as I go. TIA...

I like MOHAWK. Laminate is very durable. Make sure you look at the thicker stuff I think it’s 12 mm. I put down MOHAWK Revwood. The series is called elegant Craft. It’s water proof for I think 24 hours if installed properly. So you can put it in bathrooms if you want. I wouldn’t tho. Depending on where you are located I have a piece you can have to sample if you want.

Have you looked at vinyl plank? We just put that in our house. Its supposed to be more durable than laminate and its waterproof. The one l got was 7mm thick l believe

I ended up with hardwoods because I just liked the look and the deal I got at lumber liquidators was too good to pass up...but having said that, they gave me many samples of everything from hardwood to laminated to bamboo. I did torture tests on the samples including dropping hammers, dragging keys, soaking in water overnight, etc. all the laminates and the bamboo passed with flying colors. I don’t have brand names but nothing was cheap $.79sf garbage that looked fake and none of it was high dollar either.It was all lower middle or mid-range stuff.

Long story short, get samples and test yourself. You’ll be surprised how tough this stuff is.

By the way, Lumber Liquidators always has sales but their best sale of the year comes in April...look out for it.

Back
Top Bottom