• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any flooring guys on here? Whos got the best Laminate?

I installed commercial grade laminate from Build Direct. It was rated AC4. It's tough and durable. The installer that put it down complained that it ate 4 of his diamond blades. It still looks brand new.

Build Direct will drop ship right to your door (at 2500 pounds it's a good thing too). I think we spent about 3 grand on 1200 sqft. It has a 36 year residential warranty.

View attachment 1968522

Our installer sent this, note they are still dusty at this point but they still look brand new. We installed these in 2014.

View attachment 1968524
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Was not aware of the AC ratings. Wife knew all about it but shes been the one doing all the shopping. We've got a mess of samples on the way from them. Really like the prices... I dont understand why your installer used a diamond blade though? Carbide should cut right through everything Ive seen so far.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Was not aware of the AC ratings. Wife knew all about it but shes been the one doing all the shopping. We've got a mess of samples on the way from them. Really like the prices... I dont understand why your installer used a diamond blade though? Carbide should cut right through everything Ive seen so far.
He may have said carbide, it was 4 years ago :-)

But whatever they were the flooring ate 4 of em....LOL

Prices there are great but if you do buy from them, get everything you need at once and buy a few extra boxes of flooring. Once they run out of inventory on a run of flooring, doubtful there will ever be more and even if there is more with the same name, the pattern will not match up.

He may have said carbide, it was 4 years ago :-)

But whatever they were the flooring ate 4 of em....LOL

Prices there are great but if you do buy from them, get everything you need at once and buy a few extra boxes of flooring. Once they run out of inventory on a run of flooring, doubtful there will ever be more and even if there is more with the same name, the pattern will not match up.
Gotcha. Ya Im def getting 15-20% more than what I need in case I make repairs down the road.

I used a knife to cut my vinyl flooring. Cut the vinyl side then bend it and it pops on the scored mark

I personally would shy away from laminate. After spending 36 years doing floors I can tell you that all laminate is crap. Laminated vynil planks are the way to go. Water proof, kid proof, user friendly. Just a good all round investment to your home. I have laid thousands upon thousands of square feet and never a dissatisfied customer. Do yourself a favor and stay away from laminate floors. It's sawdust and glue.

Back
Top Bottom