• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any former smokers on here?

Robocop

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
82   1
Reaction score
I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 15 years. I quit in September. After a couple of months it got a lot easier. The last couple of weeks, its like I just quit again. I'm even dreaming about smoking. Anyone have any experience with this? What worked for you?

I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 15 years. I quit in September. After a couple of months it got a lot easier. The last couple of weeks, its like I just quit again. I'm even dreaming about smoking. Anyone have any experience with this? What worked for you?
If you must, use a Vape with zero nicotine. It will somewhat satisfy the urge without physical readdiction. This is the only way I was able to quite... but it worked.

I can make a recommendation for which one if you like. Not all vapes are equal and in fact, most suck. A good one makes all the difference.

20 year smoker here. quit about two and a half years ago or so. first few weeks were hell, still craved them occasionally for a few months, 2 and a half years later, I can smoke a cig or two when my brother comes up to visit, and have zero desire for them the next day. Hell, nowadays if I smoke a cig or two in the evening, I wake up the next day feeling gross and wishing I hadn't. All that to say, it gets easier.... but not for a bit.

Just fight it. Use what you did to quit. You got "triggered" some how. Just need to fight it.

It happens to me, but usually only when I smell someone smoking my brand (Camel Turkish Gold's)

20 year smoker here. quit about two and a half years ago or so. first few weeks were hell, still craved them occasionally for a few months, 2 and a half years later, I can smoke a cig or two when my brother comes up to visit, and have zero desire for them the next day. Hell, nowadays if I smoke a cig or two in the evening, I wake up the next day feeling gross and wishing I hadn't. All that to say, it gets easier.... but not for a bit.
Keep doing that and it's going to come back and bite you in the ass eventually. If you can quit, quit completely and forever.

17 years quit on Nov 8th this year. Hard to believe it. Pack + per day habit since 1984, quit 2005. Never dreamed about smoking once quit though. Still enjoy the smell of a cigarette on a cold day.

Changing behaviors is key. I quit coffee for a while. Drank hot tea instead. Quit scotch too. Those were triggers.

Back
Top Bottom