• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any former smokers on here?

I used nicotine patches. I followed the plan and when it got to the end, I bought some extra patches. I used to keep them in my wallet in case of emergencies but despite job stress and everything else, I never actually used them. Just having them there was enough.

i was the same, pack and a half or 2 day smoker for over 20 years. cigarette smoke is absolutely disgusting to me now. kinda amazing to me how bad it does smell. i can manage to hang out with smokers, i will just stand up wind of yall lol. i aint no karen about it haha. I cant even do a cigar anymore, which kinda annoys me lol.

i quit using a vape. i used a big mod vape. not those gas station ones, those suck. have to get the right mouthfeel to help the transfer. i slowly stepped down the nicotine to the lowest i could get over about 2-3 years. i was actually off cigarettes pretty fast, within about 2 months i was just vaping.

After watching what my Mother went through after smoking all of her life, I absolutely made up my mind that I wasn't going through that myself, nor my wife, since she and I had some for a combined 55 years. We quit two weeks apart, her by using the gum and me with the newly introduced at that time electronic cigarettes. That was almost 15 years ago, and we've never looked back. Best decision we both had ever made.........

Smoked for 50 years and was up to between 2 and 3 packs a day. Quit four years ago. Did the Nicotine gum, then Tic Tacs. (Did the Chantix several years ago and quit taking it when I started having very weird and vivid dreams). Now, I just don't take anything but some days I feel as though I could start again real easy. The smell does not bother me if someone around me is smoking, in fact, I will probably get down wind for a while! A lot is just mental will power. Good luck.

Don’t know about smoking but dipped Copenhagen for 20 years and decided to quit. It was the worst hell I’ve endured…chantix made me a bigger asshole than normal…. I quit for 10 years and after a **** day driving around the ATL I picked it up like I’d never quit! I don’t do it around family-work people but it keeps me from being on the news for road rage…. Discipline and determination is Best of luck

I have been a smoker since I was 5. I’ve paused a few times in my life, the longest period being 6 years. I’m on a pause now. It’s been 12 days and I don’t have any cravings. Haven’t had any since the third day. For me it’s always been a situation of some type that’s triggered me to go back to smoking. It’s never been a craving. I don’t drink any more and hopefully this will be my final pause.

Back
Top Bottom