• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any good ideas on removing flash hider from S&W M&P 15-22?

Assuming its not pinned, you need to put the barrel in a vice (not upper, you’ll snap it) and turn the flash hider with a wrench plus large breaker bar. I slip the hollow handle of my floor jack over the wrench on stubborn bolts. Haven’t met a bolt I can’t loosen with that combo.

Follow up - borrowed a barrel block , cut a piece of rubber hose to put over the barrel. I had to torque the mess out of the vise but then it broke loose fairly easily. All good now! Thanks fellas
20190817_094509.jpg

It won't budge. I put it in an upper receiver vise block. I didn't over torque because I don't want to warp the polymer or crack it. Next I used my industrial heat gun. I didnt take the teamp but I'm sure it was in excess of 400 degrees. Still nothing. I do not have a barrel block/vise nor have I soaked it in Kroil.

It's a near new gun, doesn't appear to be fired but it could have as I'm not the original owner. Does anywhere I can take it to have it done?

I’m pretty sure you probably already figured it out but I put the flash hider in a vise and turned the gun came out super easy

Back
Top Bottom