• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any History Buffs? Memorabilia Collectors? Show it off

MattPagano

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any Memorabilia collectors out there like myself. WWII, Civil War, WWI, Vietnam etc.

Personally fell in love with collecting WWII artifacts and have grown quite the collection so I'm just curious to see what y'all got or are interested in sharing!

Sort-of. I don't collect anything, but when I'm given something, I like to research it and find the history behind it.

My Dad was given what he thought was a WWI medal from an old vet of the Great War, who gave it to him in the 1960s when the old vets made up about half of the membership of the local VFW / American Legion post, and folks like my dad, the WWII and Korea vets, were the newcomers who made up the other half of the members.

Dad left it to me, and I researched it--it was from the ANU. Army & Navy Union, a veteran's group founded in the 1880s.

I did similar research on some across-the-chest (on the diagonal) ammo bandolier that was from the Spanish-American War, a cool folding bayonet for the Italian Carcano rifle, and some other stuff. But I don't seek out these products and collect them. But if I happen to own them or have close contact with them, I want to KNOW about them.

Yes -- got a peck of it -- stuff from my grands, my dad and things i had as kid in wwii --

some business card size photo packs of wwii vehicles and battle grounds -
a deck of coca cola playing cards with jap,german, italian and us aircraft siloettes --
grand dads dress sword from wwi -- passed on to my son at his grad from pensacola, he wore it for his grad parade --
still have my dads usmc w3 uniform and my ad2 (e-5) sailor suits, blue and whites -
a bloody house full of stuff

Sort-of. I don't collect anything, but when I'm given something, I like to research it and find the history behind it.

My Dad was given what he thought was a WWI medal from an old vet of the Great War, who gave it to him in the 1960s when the old vets made up about half of the membership of the local VFW / American Legion post, and folks like my dad, the WWII and Korea vets, were the newcomers who made up the other half of the members.

Dad left it to me, and I researched it--it was from the ANU. Army & Navy Union, a veteran's group founded in the 1880s.

I did similar research on some across-the-chest (on the diagonal) ammo bandolier that was from the Spanish-American War, a cool folding bayonet for the Italian Carcano rifle, and some other stuff. But I don't seek out these products and collect them. But if I happen to own them or have close contact with them, I want to KNOW about them.
That is amazing. For the most part I have collected from flea markets, air shows, and family friends. Most of my collecting has come from searching and purchasing artifacts. As for the medal, that is truly an amazing find with it being semi-difficult to time stamp medals throughout history.

I have collected a good bit of memorabilia and hope to create a "mini-museum" one day. One of the most sought out finds that took me years to find was a M-43 Stahlhelm. I late realized the different variations and branches and found out that this particular helmet was used by the Gestapo. The list goes on and I hope to post some photos soon!

Back
Top Bottom