• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any HK fans?

So you’ve shot one?
I’ve shot a G36.

So if you take all the worst parts of that gun, neuter it with even more undesirable features, single stack proprietary mags, and a high price tag, you get the SL-8.

and I’m not an HK hater. They make some guns I really like
D5F90182-DBD5-4226-AF18-64ECD1CB87CF.jpeg

If you really want a G36 clone anyway, I’d recommend one of the tommy built guns

Tommy Built G36

I’ve shot multiple versions of the G36 since they debuted. Total crap. The Bundeswehr dumped them.
I have read a lot of conflicting info on the G36 and it's reported troubles...

The G36 replacement process is still ongoing, as the contract for 120,000 rifles awarded to Haenel's MK556 was cancelled before they began delivery. The candidate shortlist leaves only the the HK proposals of HK416 or HK433. Doubt they will reopen it so I'm expecting one of these to be selected.

I have read a lot of conflicting info on the G36 and it's reported troubles...

The G36 replacement process is still ongoing, as the contract for 120,000 rifles awarded to Haenel's MK556 was cancelled before they began delivery. The candidate shortlist leaves only the the HK proposals of HK416 or HK433. Doubt they will reopen it so I'm expecting one of these to be selected.

I’ve got plenty of hands on experience with the select-fire G36 issued to US LE. Total crap. Reliability issues, POI shift of 2MOA or more when sighted in before lunch, and checked immediately after lunch, and more.

I’ve got plenty of hands on experience with the select-fire G36 issued to US LE. Total crap. Reliability issues, POI shift of 2MOA or more when sighted in before lunch, and checked immediately after lunch, and more.

I don't know what to believe...lol.

Read claims of :
Overheating and poor accuracy
Counter claims of it performed fine and passed the accuracy tests
Counter claims of non-performing or non-spec cheaper ammo
Claims of tests showing ammo not being the issue
Claims that some German officials are just out to get HK
Claims the Bundeswehr really likes the rifle in general, wasn't that unhappy with it and wasn't pusing to replace it.

:noidea: :noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

Back
Top Bottom