• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any INDIVIDUALS selling a suppressor?

Gentleman4561

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
I have posted in the WTB area in the past but I never seem to get a response. I am 18. Which means I can buy a can from a private individual in the state of GA. I have to wait till I am 21 to buy one from a dealer. So if any individuals are interested in selling a.308, 5.56 or .22 can please let me know.

Mods if this is out of line feel free to delete it.

Thanks!

I have no idea how NFA work, but I know it requires registration which means even if you buy from class 3 dealer or private seller, you still require the same paperwork. I don't know if all that process is legal with someone being under 21. For handguns and rifles there is no registration.

The rules are weird. There's no question on form 4473 nor the NFA forms that asked the 21 or older years of age question.

Last edited:
So if the form 4 asked, you can't legally purchase Suppressor thru a private seller because like I said, NFA goes thru the registration process.

I am not here to have a legal discussion. It is legal to purchase a suppressor IN STATE from a PRIVATE individual. Forms are still sent to the NFA. Just like my 10.5 AR...Form 1s can be done at 18 also. The form 1 also asks if you are under 21...that doesn't mean you can't do it.

Back
Top Bottom