• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any info on this powder?

96   0
Reaction score
057EA72D-9AD9-4D16-AE5D-38E21970AB4B.jpeg
Have a bit of it. Am loading mk262 clone with it atm. Any info?

I would contact IMR / Hodgdon. There was a later XBR version sold, but that jug you have is obviously milsurp. It may not have quite the same burn rate as commercial powders, and would require more careful working up of a load. Several online forums have some information about it. Honestly, I think data may be a little scarce, and a chronograph would be your friend working up. I would find some published data, and not hotrod anything.

It's definitely not the same as xbr. I saw that thread. I used h322 as a starting point. Eventually ended up at the same listed max for xbr...but with about 100fps faster than actual xbr(new stuff gold label) tested over a magnetospeed. Anyone have any luck with this stuff in .308 or anything else?

If I found myself with the opportunity to but some at old surplus prices, I would buy as much from the same lot as I could legally keep at home and build a powder magazine. I would think from what we have been reading, light machine gun weight bullets would be where it was at for this powder. 147 to 155's. Especially with the 6mm guys using it heavily when it was readily available.

Back
Top Bottom