• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Japanese sword collectors / experts on ODT?

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
I've always wanted to get an authentic Japanese sword, possibly with some traceable history, but don't know where to look or how to get started in finding them. I'm not looking for reproductions or ornamental pieces; I want true, authentic, sharp, old stuff. Anyone collecting them? Any advice where on where to start looking where I don't have to be as worried about getting ripped off?

I used to have the urge to have one as well. I arrived at the personal conviction that they are largely pieces of family history and should be repatriated when possible. They are, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful and brilliantly made weapons that have ever existed and I certainly understand the desire to own one.

ITT:

84827899.png
1388339958594.jpg
510.jpg
fc1.png
97a.jpg

why don't you just watch Kill Bill a few times (and pause and rewind it as necessary) to see how Hatturi Honzo and his assistant make that sword for The Bride ?

oh wait, I've got a better idea. Just buy one from a pawn shop in south Texas. According to Bill's brother Budd, the value of a slightly used a Hattori Honzo sword in El Paso is ....

...$250 !

Back
Top Bottom