• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any love or hate for the Keltec sub2k?

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Just acquired one 9mm g17 mags seems to run great and is pretty quite suppressed. Got it yesterday afternoon and put 580 rounds through it when I got home ran great and I loaded up subs and it is as quite as my glock. The two complaints I have is that it's gay that it folds and the pinging noise in the tube from the recoil spring sucks but its really only noticeable with the can on.

Any love or hate for them? Or just get accessories to help with the spring noise?

Started a steals and deals thread because Appalachian armory in dawsonville has them for $370.00 brand new can't beat that so i did some traiding and snagged one very happy i did.

IMG_20170826_162157_586.jpg

I like them. Folding is a good feature for me, kept that way as a bedroom gun, the wife feels it's 'safer' in the unlikely event someone tries to play with it.

I like them. Folding is a good feature for me, kept that way as a bedroom gun, the wife feels it's 'safer' in the unlikely event someone tries to play with it.

Yeah I see that as being a possible benefit. But even left unchambered this thing is tough to work the action on. 100% sure my toddler couldn't rack if she ever happen to catch me slipping and leave where she could get to it. But having to fold it too just adds the extra level of safety. So you might have changed my mind a little on the folding.

And folded with a 15 / 17 rnd mag it's very inconspicuous and easy to transport. I have a gen 1, as soonas I can sell something I'll be looking for a gen 2 as well.

Would like them better if Keltec would warranty after original owner. I don't buy too many new guns these days. Unfortunately that is the only way to get the lifetime guarantee on a Keltec. Subsequent owners are on their own for repairs that would normally be covered by warranty. Many manufacturers like that, which is why my collection has decreased significantly over the years.

Back
Top Bottom