• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any MG's for sale?

z.chance

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
Sold off my old BMW I built, but I am torn on spending the cash on a motorcycle or MG. Seeing if there are any local for sale.

Cherokee gun has a m11 in 380 with a suppressor for about 5k. Havent seen much else.

Do some research, Brown Bear steel cased ammo @ 25 cents per round works just fine in 380 mac machine guns, besides, all 380 ammo is subsonic.

I haven't been keeping up, can you find non-reloaded 9mm subsonic at 25 cents per round?
Freedom munitions 147gr reman is 23 cents a round. Its what ive been shooting in my 9mm for 3 gun.

What are you looking for?
And the most important part- What do you want to spend?
10K and Below, 10K-20K, $20K +++

Ive got 5k right now. From looking around online, I could get a mac, a reisling m50, maybe a sten or stemple 76. But it seems theres nothing much else till you hit 10k+

Freedom munitions 147gr reman is 23 cents a round. Its what ive been shooting in my 9mm for 3 gun.

Ive got 5k right now. From looking around online, I could get a mac, a reisling m50, maybe a sten or stemple 76. But it seems theres nothing much else till you hit 10k+

You can find a ruger AC556 for in between those two if your looking for something in .223/5.56. I see them generally between 6-8k

What do you want to do with it? For 5-6k you are really looking at macs, stens, Riesling, and stemples. For 7-8k you may be able to pick up a registered bolt Uzi or a ruger AC-556 (depending on the model).

If you want something in a sub gun that is versatile, look at an m11/9 with a lage upper. This would give you a 9mm sub gun with a lot of aftermarket support, various uppers, can adjust the rate of fire and the option for a 22 kit or 556. If you like the history, than a sten would allow you to easily find parts, mags, etc. but you would not be able to do much in the way of mods except for turn it into a stenling down the road. The reisling would give you something in 45, but I believe original mags are hard to find but the KC enterprise aftermarket mags work well.

If the stemple is one of the burgress guns, than parts may be hard to find as you will be competing with sw 76 and mk760 owners and some mags may require hand fitting to the gun. The mk760 is also in your range but have a less than stellar reputation.

I believe with a registered bolt Uzi you cannot do caliber changes, but if you find one that is not married to the host you can move it from gun to gun and Uzi parts/mags are plentiful.

The AC-556 gives you something in 223 with the option for 3 round burst and full auto. I believe most of the parts interchange with the mini 14 but could be wrong on that.

Whatever you decide, I dont think you can go wrong with a MG. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly

Last edited:
Good info jba6511 jba6511 !
I would want something in 22, 9mm, or maybe 556 just cause of cost of ammo. I would really like a micro, but they are out of my price range, and @TheSnail bought all of them lol.

The mac seems to be the most versatile option in my price range. I havent found a good deal on a ac556 or uzi yet. they all seem to be 9+

Back
Top Bottom