• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Micro Offset Irons?

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
I just swapped out a pair of micro Troy flip sights for some of their offset sights. Didn’t expect them to be as large and they don’t work as well with my setup. Does any brand make a micro set of similar quality?

I don't understand side irons. I mean, anything that can break off my trijicon can break me. Plus I can roll the rifle over and hit a pie plate at ~25 yards just looking down the rail/barrel. To be fair I shot a ton of shotgun but the skills transfer over.

I don't understand side irons. I mean, anything that can break off my trijicon can break me. Plus I can roll the rifle over and hit a pie plate at ~25 yards just looking down the rail/barrel. To be fair I shot a ton of shotgun but the skills transfer over.
People use them as a second POA/POI system: optic for x distance, irons for X distance. No need to compensate for height over bore or zero offset like that.

I like irons for a moving target. I will pick those over a optic any day. A reflex sight is decent if has a thin halo frame but I think you give up some strength with that. That's where the cowitness comes in I guess. Irons especially for brush is good. The silhouette is easier to make out. At least that's what works for me. Different strokes for different folks.

People use them as a second POA/POI system: optic for x distance, irons for X distance. No need to compensate for height over bore or zero offset like that.
Mr. Booshie Mr. Booshie serious question. Would that only be after so many yards? My 1-4x LPVO was dialed in for 50/200 and would be within ~2" vertically out to I think 300 with the loads I was shooting. Or is this only useful if you have a 10X scope?

Mr. Booshie Mr. Booshie serious question. Would that only be after so many yards? My 1-4x LPVO was dialed in for 50/200 and would be within ~2" vertically out to I think 300 with the loads I was shooting. Or is this only useful if you have a 10X scope?
Just get an offset lpvo and be done with it

Back
Top Bottom