• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Micro Offset Irons?

Mr. Booshie Mr. Booshie serious question. Would that only be after so many yards? My 1-4x LPVO was dialed in for 50/200 and would be within ~2" vertically out to I think 300 with the loads I was shooting. Or is this only useful if you have a 10X scope?
It’s a common 2/3-gunner trick. Some run a RMR, some use irons. They usually run a 1-6 and don’t want to sacrifice the time it takes to turn the magnification ring so they leave it at 1 setting and use the secondary aiming method.
2in to them is the difference of 1st or last place, same with the 1-2second it takes to adjust the power and get back to having your rifle under control with both hands.

It’s a common 2/3-gunner trick. Some run a RMR, some use irons. They usually run a 1-6 and don’t want to sacrifice the time it takes to turn the magnification ring so they leave it at 1 setting and use the secondary aiming method.
2in to them is the difference of 1st or last place, same with the 1-2second it takes to adjust the power and get back to having your rifle under control with 2 hands.
I used to be a sponsored semi pro 3 gunner, but that was a few years ago and offsets weren’t popular then. Makes sense to me to have a dot on a side, especially for off sides/weak handed shooting. But that’s niche use. Seems like hunting or whatever you’d use your primary.

I used to be a sponsored semi pro 3 gunner, but that was a few years ago and offsets weren’t popular then. Makes sense to me to have a dot on a side, especially for off sides/weak handed shooting. But that’s niche use. Seems like hunting or whatever you’d use your primary.
I think he’s wanting it for bi-pedal hunting just-in-case’dness, not the traditional type.

I think he’s wanting it for bi-pedal hunting just-in-case’dness, not the traditional type.
Fair. 3 gun rifle builds are pretty good for that kind of work. Unknown target distance and small A zones though the effective range of the round.

An LPVO takes very little time to switch magnifications, and if you do it while moving it adds nothing to your overall course time. So set on 1x a need zoom as needed

Back
Top Bottom