• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Mopar lovers in the ODT

I wish I could find my pic. Dad bought a 69 Barracuda for the oldest way back, but it had a unique characteristic. Flowered vinyl top. 6 of us ended up driving it as our first car. All 6 of us wrecked it.

I’m a mopar guy when it comes to performance cars. Am I alone in the odtverse?

1965 Belvedere 496 Mopar Wedge 775hp street legal no power adders.

View attachment 1892525
My first car was a 67 Belvedere. I am going to be looking for a 63 to 67 here pretty quick. I love the earlier years as well. Just awesome cars. You have a beaut there my friend.

I have owned a 67 Belvedere, 68 Charger, 71 340 duster, 74 Cuda' 360. I wish I had all of them still in my garage. I drive a 02 Dodge Quad cab SLT in Graphite now. Runs like new. That's my daily driver. I will be building a Eagle forged bottom end stroker with a ton off nitrous on this next build.

38692226-7B0F-442E-B7F4-DE36F0A5B82D.jpeg

Don’t be new Mopar hatin...! Well kinda new 92 RT 10.....

I didn’t even know Mopar made cars back in the day. I thought they just made overpriced accessories for today’s ****ty Chryslers.

I wouldn't say I am a MOPAR lover but I did have 1970 Roadrunner in the middle 70's that would peg the 140 mph speedometer. The faster you went the higher it seemed to get off the road. Scared myself ****less a few times with it.

View attachment 1892554

Dads 1979 Lil Red Express. Bought new in 79. Restored with a big block in 2012. He takes it to lots of cruise ins and shows. It’s a trophy winner due to the rarity. I used to drive this truck to high school until it was stolen in 1988. Recovered a week later totally trashed. Several years later after sitting in the garage, dad resurrected the beast. It was a fun project that took several years, but it’s alive and well.

A family friend wanted one of these back in the day. His dad said it only looked cool because of the pipes. So he cut holes in the bed & ran the pipes straight up. His son, the high school aged driver, was emabarrased because it only made the family look more broke than they were, told his dad he couldn’t drive it because if it rained it would get into the exhaust. The dad being a product of the depression asked what we were having for supper. Then told his son to bring him the empty tomato cans. End result the son drove the truck to school late & skipped out right as the bell rang. Got to the parking lot as everyone else was coming out of the doors. As he cranked the truck he realized he forgot to remove the tomato cans which caused a loud backfire. Needless to say the old family farm truck never made its way to school again.

Back
Top Bottom