• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Mopar lovers in the ODT

Does this count........?
20180613_205329.jpg
20180505_184602.jpg
20180503_071925.jpg

Mopar made some of the most eye appealing car back in the day. That stopped at 1974. All the performance cars are just beautiful. I love to do a AAR cuda ' clone. I am going for a 8,000 RPM 408 stroker. 10.5/1 compression and a few hundred HP of nitrous in two or three stages. I love all the muscle cars even the newer ones. The last was a 02 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am. It had 8,000 miles on it. One day my dad came home from work and damn near had a heart attack when he saw the motor on the floor. I didn't have a garage so I had to use thiers. She got a monster camshaft, Texas Speed heads, dual valve springs, titanium retainers, chrome moly push rods, Yella Terra roller rockers and more stuff than I can remember. I topped that off with a plate kit from Nitrous Outlet to the tune of 200 HP. OH and a complete Kooks exhaust system and a electric cut out. I had all the switches in the ash tray. With the hood down and the ash tray down you couldn't tell anything was done to it besides a 2 inch drop and aftermarket wheels. I also went with Bilsteins. I loved them so much I put them on my O2 Ram Quad Cab. They make a big difference. Very nice riding shocks.

Since the Bottom end of my new build will have forged plugs, rods and crank all balanced I am going to throw two or three stages of nitrous to it. Maybe a tunnel ram with a fogger kit for eye effect. I am also thinking of a tubular k-frame and suspension on the front. A little something to reign in that HP. Anyway it will be a bit*h on wheels. All street or no street. I do all the work myself so it won't cost as much as handing it off to someone with a grocery list. All except for balancing the crank. Small block mopars are usually externally balanced but I am going internal balanced on this build.

Another great thing is the transmissions on the small block the 43 and 47 are stand alone computer driven. So you don't have to integrate into the engines features and workings. A freaking kick ass deal there. That doesn't say you don't have to set speedo and shift points and firmness and the like but the motor is taken clean out. That also make transfixing one in a older car is a snap.

Back
Top Bottom