• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Mopar lovers in the ODT

I have had 5 mopars, 4 Mustangs, 5 Trams Am's. I am going to buy a older car when I move back to Virginia and no doubt it will be a Mopar. When it comes to 60-70's muscle it's Mopar or No car amigos. Even the ugly ones are appealing. My first car was a 67 Belvedere and it was clean, so fresh and so clean. I out ran everything I ever raced in that car. They use to say it had the ghost in it. Nothing internal was done to my knowledge. I think the guy said it had a RV cam in it but I can be for sure. It also had every bolt on to the outside you think of. I also took my time and tuned that car to the point of it couldn't get any better. That long narrow runner intake and header system just would pull like a mule up to 4000 RPM. Now we weren't running with the big boys but just highschool kids and few gas station owners playing on Saturday. Just think what that bastard is going to do with a 408 stroker and nitrous in it.

One of our racing buddies went out and bought a Gremlin. The fastest production car in 1978. Then he went to work on some of the engine parts. I still whopped his ass. When I got back to the starting line everyone there where one their backs just laughing so hard they were crying. What was so funny is he went out and bought that car just to try and outrun me.LOL It wasn't a new car it was just the lightest car he could find to fit his somewhat hot motor in. I wasn't the fastest car on earth but I will tell you this Plymouth made those cars to run. No matter what motor it had in it. It sure kept me and my buddy in 12 packs every weekend. What i hated is the one's that ran their mouth the most where the one's that never paid up at the end of the race.

I’m a mopar guy when it comes to performance cars. Am I alone in the odtverse?

1965 Belvedere 496 Mopar Wedge 775hp street legal no power adders.

View attachment 1892525
Sweet! Need to have that bad boy parked at Chandler’s drive-in wuffin’ for a race down at Miccosukee! Those were fun days and nights.

My latest Mopar acquisition. 1965 Dodge Coronet 496 wedge set up for s/st nhra legal. Original hemi 4speed factory race car.

287D80F7-60C7-405F-884B-238C97E574BF.jpeg
4343B53A-E82F-4C3C-9E73-C63ED6219991.jpeg
487458F8-F46C-4767-B5F6-543C532FFB72.jpeg

New to me. Another to add to the family View attachment 2053340
Looks like my old truck. Was stick 4 in the floor. Had to trade it in 98 for a new Dodge truck after I shattered my ankle and could not drive a straight shift any longer.
When I bought my latest Ram, 2016, Hemi of course, while waiting in the dealer showroom I sat in a Hellcat. Thought about it for about 30 seconds after I saw the sticker. Love them.

Back
Top Bottom