• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Ninjutsu martial artists here?

5th Dan in Co-Vo-Dao which includes the fighting arts used by Iga Ueno Ninjustsu the school of Togakure Ryu or secret arts. The Co-Vo-Dao means the way of the weapons and it includes the old traditional ninjutsu primitive black powder devices used to create diversions. Took some classes on military bases with top notch instructors such as Hays and other descendants of the old school. Great staff and lots of those techniques are still viable and applicable to modern day combat.

Triggerman
How are your classes structured? At most of these Ninjutsu places, there is no live sparring which is what turns me off.
I've trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 5 years, and what brought me to it was the reality of the training.
I train under Roberto Traven, and after our warm ups, and 20 minuted of technique drills we pair off,
and roll until the class is over which is usually around 45 minutes. I believe i met you once and you said you were a cop,
how would you feel about actually applying what you learn in the field? Most fights end up on the ground, so
how realistic is your Ninjutsu training? I'm not knocking it, i just haven't met anyone who would have the chance to apply
it in the field. When i was in the beginner BJJ classes we had more people than i can count say they have real martial arts backgrounds,
with Tae kwon do, Karate, Ninjutsu you name it. I can't remember more than a handful actually making it through the first class.

BJJ is hardcore i started training Muay Thai at a real school (as real as it gets here in the states) and none of the ho-shin-sul, ninjitsu, Vang Sun, or JKD, can compare to it. I hope to eventually train the BJJ there too but right now i need to relearn the basics

Triggerman
How are your classes structured? At most of these Ninjutsu places, there is no live sparring which is what turns me off.
I've trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 5 years, and what brought me to it was the reality of the training.
I train under Roberto Traven, and after our warm ups, and 20 minuted of technique drills we pair off,
and roll until the class is over which is usually around 45 minutes. I believe i met you once and you said you were a cop,
how would you feel about actually applying what you learn in the field? Most fights end up on the ground, so
how realistic is your Ninjutsu training? I'm not knocking it, i just haven't met anyone who would have the chance to apply
it in the field. When i was in the beginner BJJ classes we had more people than i can count say they have real martial arts backgrounds,
with Tae kwon do, Karate, Ninjutsu you name it. I can't remember more than a handful actually making it through the first class.

Wow, sorry for not responding to this post. I thought I was subscribed to it since I started it. Anyway, our classes are pretty structured since I have (or had) basically no MA experience. We spend the first half of our class covering basics (rolls, postures, joints locks, etc....). We delve into more advanced techniques the second half of class. There is no live sparring as of yet because most of the students are beginners. Things still can get pretty rough in class because its all about the technique and not speed or strength.

We have met, I sold you a G21SF over off Browns Mill. I'm however not a cop and I've never stated I was. I have yet to use any of the techniques I learned so far in real world. I'm just a beginner. Right now I'm only a 9th kyu green belt and I have a lot more to learn before trying this stuff on the street.

Thanks for the info. I'm always interested in other self-defense arts. Glad to know that there are still classes teaching people how to roll and not break their shoulders, and neck. My mistake on thinking you were a LEO. I've done so many trades i can't remember everyone's story after we have met.

No problem. Please feel free to attend one our classes. We meet Mon and Wed @ 6pm, and Sat @ 1pm. Our classes are relatively small since our sensei has moved to his new location. I believe we have a black belt with some experience in BJJ and loves ground fighting. He's a CO at local jail so he gets PLENTY of real use.

I trained Muay Thai and Wing Chun Kung Fu for yearssss, fought professional for 6 years but this was all before the UFC and such come along. Full contact kick boxing was the top at that time. Yes I finished with a winning record of 12W and 2L So I was happy. And one of those two I should have won.

my buddy been doing well in his dojo for Brazilian JJ he's about to have his first full contact MMA fight soon... I cant wait Im thinking abouting buy an HD cam from work and record/edit his videos... he's been doing real well in tourneys too he has 2 gold medals in No Gi and 2 silvers in Gi

I trained Muay Thai and Wing Chun Kung Fu for yearssss, fought professional for 6 years but this was all before the UFC and such come along. Full contact kick boxing was the top at that time. Yes I finished with a winning record of 12W and 2L So I was happy. And one of those two I should have won.

you should of never stopped :(

Back
Top Bottom