• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any non woke binge worthy series out there?

if you dont like gay stuff then you should watch game of thrones. there is no gay stuff or weiners on that show at all.
Of all the things I've ever watched, that's the one I had to stop. I think I made it half way through the season right after dude got his grape popped by the guy with his bare hands. The rape scene after other dude married the blond lady? Absolutely turned my stomach and turned it off and never watched it again.

Do you have Amazon Prime video? If so, Bosch and Good Omens are excellent. With Bosch language will be salty. On Amazon, you can buy into "channels." Treat your better half and yourself to Endeavour on the PBS/Masterpiece channel. There was a successful series titled Inspector Morse back in the mid 80s through 2000 or so. Older guy in the title role. Endeavor picks up in 1964 with a rookie Constable Endeavour Morse. Seven seasons of twisted plots, excellent character development, and well played by this group of actors. My favorite since Justified.

Do you have Acorn? Foyle's War is terrific. English police inspector in the south of Britain during WWII...Jack Irish is good and so is Janet King. We just finished JK last night. Very well plotted out. Acorn is also an Amazon channel.

Someone mention Line of Duty above. Also an excellent series. Season's 1-6 are on Amazon's Britbox "channel." 7 day free trial and as with the PBS channel 6.99/month...dollars, not pounds sterling...7th season was on Amazon, I think...
Sharpe on Britbox is excellent. Dr Blake Mysteries was pretty good.

I unplugged the cable more than five years ago and began to search out the good stuff to stream. Some of these are not fluff shows you can get up and whip up a sundae, come back and pick right up. Others are a little more forgiving. The British and Australian series were a breath of fresh air for me. Perhaps you'll like some of them too.

One last recommendation from Amazon...Meerkat Manor. I know, now I've thrown my credibility out the window...it really is entertaining and the photography is first rate. This one you can fix a sundae while it's on and return without penalty...but you may not want to...

I hope that helps, Geaux...

We were watching "The 100" most every night and were late into season two yesterday when it hit me I told my told my wife "Wow. I just realized there hasn't been any homosexuality (or cursing) in this show. Nothing race related. How refreshing. I can't believe it." She responded with "Why did you say that!?!?" As predicted, before that same episode was over.... :rolleyes: Was enjoying it too. Same thing that killed TWD for us years ago. Is it really that hard to make a series without having that in your face?
Anyway, I know our woke members just won't be able to contain their smugness but for the rest of you that are still sane, anything worth watching?
you havn't gotten to the lesbian scene between the grounder leader and protag girl

Back
Top Bottom