• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any ODT forged in fire guys?

I make around 200 to 300 a year (when my shoulder cooperates), do demos for groups, teach classes, hold hammer-ins (2 per year at Trackrock.com). All my blades are hand forged and I am a "100%" all the work is by me (yeah even the damascus). I prefer to make what I like but do take the occasional custom order. I like to use re-cycled steels when I'm sure they will make a quality blade, but also use a lot of known factory steels as well.

I will have a table at the Blade Show - June 7, 8 & 9. Table 5-J Please stop by and visit if you can.
This one will be on the table - photo is by my good friend Dirk Loots.
CarlR-Dirk Loot.jpg

I make around 200 to 300 a year (when my shoulder cooperates), do demos for groups, teach classes, hold hammer-ins (2 per year at Trackrock.com). All my blades are hand forged and I am a "100%" all the work is by me (yeah even the damascus). I prefer to make what I like but do take the occasional custom order. I like to use re-cycled steels when I'm sure they will make a quality blade, but also use a lot of known factory steels as well.

I will have a table at the Blade Show - June 7, 8 & 9. Table 5-J Please stop by and visit if you can.
View attachment 2118318
Carl I have watched and admired your Craftsmanship at Track Rock and you are a Master Sir!

View attachment 2118318

Will definitely stop by Friday!

70379629-1613-4239-821E-D53631877DB6.jpeg A5946563-FB05-4A1E-88CA-F3F9165631D3.jpeg I make knives as well. 90% of which are made through stock bar removal. I dabble in forging knives as too. One of the guys that’s been on that show and won is mark hopper. Owns goat and hammer (Atlanta) and gives forging classes. Super cool guy, sure he will be at blade. Here’s a set I made the last week or so. Both of these blades are 6 long, 3/16 O1 tool steel with flats grind and a back swedge. Both have brass guards and g10 liners. The lighter handles is some vintage micarta and the wood handle is desert ironwood.

View attachment 2118318

Do you have a gallery of items for sale now?

View attachment 2118527 View attachment 2118526 I make knives as well. 90% of which are made through stock bar removal. I dabble in forging knives as too. One of the guys that’s been on that show and won is mark hopper. Owns goat and hammer (Atlanta) and gives forging classes. Super cool guy, sure he will be at blade. Here’s a set I made the last week or so. Both of these blades are 6 long, 3/16 O1 tool steel with flats grind and a back swedge. Both have brass guards and g10 liners. The lighter handles is some vintage micarta and the wood handle is desert ironwood.

The ironwood is very nice! What does something like that sell for?

Do you have a gallery of items for sale now?

Just now saw your post - staying awful busy right now getting ready for the Blade Show (in a few weeks).
I don't really have much as far as a gallery goes. You can see a lot of my past work at www.georgiaknifemakersguild.com in the gallery there. I do post a few from time to time on GON Woody's Forum and on my fB page, but normally don't have the time to post many pics.
If you have a particular style, size, etc. I can probably post a pic or two of what I have close to your "particulars".
Best bet is to come by my table at the Blade Show and see what I have. Table 5-J

Below are a few of my more recent works.

Conf D Guard Bowie 1.jpg
Necker 2.jpg
Ppe,Clb&Hunter.jpg
scalper 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom