• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you guys old Winchester collectors? How did I do?

01coltcolt

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I bought what I believe was a impressive find today at the gun show. Me and my Chief went to a local gun show. When we where walking in to wait in line, an older gentleman walked up with a Smith and Wesson 1st model and a old Winchester. I was specifically looking online at 1873 Winchesters with the intent to buy one today. I did my home work and I had $2k on me. Well that didn't work out the way I intended. After my bartering, negotiating, bluffing, thinking and my Chief talking crap and kicking my leg. ("Donavan, thats a $2000 gun.") I ended up with this 1892 in .38-40.

So first things first I'm sorry for the phone pictures they don't do it justice at all. its a 1892 38 WCF Made in 1902. The wood is original, doesn't appear to have been refinished. Super tight gaps. No cracks or missing pieces. Does have the usual handling marks and one 1/4 size dent. The metal is a nice brown patina, no damage to note and complete. No rust anywhere. Very tight, crisp action. This thing has the shiniest cleanest bore on a old gun I have ever seen. Its 115 years old so I'm impressed.

I can't wait to shoot it. It did cost me all the Money I had on me though. But I was able to get him down from $2495 to $2000 even.

You Winchester SMEs how did I do? Feedback, positive or negative welcome.
Thank you in advance

Colt

very nice! I have an old 94 32WS made in 23 that I keep thinking I might sell but the values I see are all over the place. That's a nice rife in a nice caliber. Good find!

Back
Top Bottom