• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any opinions on an '05 Chevy Silverado?

You wont regret it. I have an 04 with 310,000 miles on it now. I just replaced the original alternator a month ago or so. Still has the original starter and power steering pump. Around 190k or so I had @dragracer rebuild the transmission. He did a great a great job and it's still going strong. The strong points to these models is they are easy to work on (if needed) and they dont have all that cylinder deactivation/mileage crap that the later models are having all the trouble with. Oh yeah! I did spend $500 bucks recently on a bearing kit and installation for the rear end. They only seem to last about 300,000 miles or so. :becky:

Good to know! If I pull the trigger on it I plan on keeping it for many years to come. It's hard to stomach paying ~$14k after tag and taxes for a 15yr old truck but I don't see many better deals around. Full size trucks in particular are expensive right now.

Yep. About $3k over the blue book value. That's the going rate right now, esp for a really nice one with 4wd and 138k miles. Used car prices are crazy right now.
Most all 4WD trucks are selling for very high prices. Even more if they are lifted.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Most all 4WD trucks are selling for very high prices. Even more if they are lifted.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No joke. All trucks and SUV's are nuts right now. The prices of new ones are so ridiculous I think the smart folks are moving down stream some to minimize the pain.

Found one in real nice shape with 138k on it for $13k. Z71 4wd, leather interior, power everything. I want a full size truck but don't want to pay $40k+ for a new one. Are there any things that I should look out for on those? How is a 4wd truck as a daily driver?

Lol. If you want new with the same options this truck has you'd pay a lot more than $40000. At least anytime I look.

Had a 2000 silverado. Was a good truck. Around 100,000 the differential went out. Same with my buddies. We did use the 4 wheel drive more than most, though still not really sure why or how that would have made a difference if it did.

The fuel management system is horrible. You are definitely better off with these. I think that's partially why the value is so high on 07 and older gm trucks. I bought my wife a '11 yukon and had the FMS deactivated. It is the XL Denali with the 6.2L but the milage dropped from 14 or so mpg to 12.5 mpg. Hopefully it saves the engine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom