• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any opinions on an '05 Chevy Silverado?

$13k sounds a little high, they pop up on here for less with about the same miles.

Yeah I thought so too. It would be $14k after tax. But I haven't been able to find one this nice for less. Interior is almost perfect except for the shift indicator not working. Nice supple leather. Exterior is almost perfect as well. A few very tiny dents and one marker light with water in it but overall very clean. This is it. I really like it. What do you guys think? Is it worth getting over the $14k sticker shock for driving home a 15yr old truck?

8ff07440b6ce4c178b7f12b0c73b5142.jpg

41ced3d074b54b729e0a4df1770120c9.jpg

98828c646f4a4ec68d9ac8878aa6dc15.jpg

add9c743f23e4f019aa23c5b2b5bf12e.jpg

It will not be without maintenance. Blend doors, radiator, brakes, transmission, differential, etc.

If you can do this stuff yourself, no big deal. If you have to pay someone to do it, something to think about.

If you get it, pay to get ALL the rubber parts replaced. Belts, hoses, brake hoses, transmission and oil cooler hoses, etc.

I am not a believer in transmission flush. If a fluid change doesn't help and it is acting up, put a kit in it. If it doesn't have a tyranny cooler, put one on asap.

Private seller, or dealer?

Small used car dealer. All the ones I saw from private sellers were in much rougher shape. This one is very clean. Listed for $13,999. He agreed to knock $1,000 off and get it out the door after tax for $14k. Won't come off it any more. To be fair I work in the auto industry and I know that used cars (esp 4wd trucks) are hot items right now.

$14k just seems like a lot for a 15yr old truck. But it is in very nice shape and I haven't found many better ones for cheaper.

Small used car dealer. All the ones I saw from private sellers were in much rougher shape. This one is very clean. Listed for $13,999. He agreed to knock $1,000 off and get it out the door after tax for $14k. Won't come off it any more. To be fair I work in the auto industry and I know that used cars (esp 4wd trucks) are hot items right now.

$14k just seems like a lot for a 15yr old truck. But it is in very nice shape and I haven't found many better ones for cheaper.
Did you average out prices between edmunds, kbb, & nada?

It will not be without maintenance. Blend doors, radiator, brakes, transmission, differential, etc.

If you can do this stuff yourself, no big deal. If you have to pay someone to do it, something to think about.

If you get it, pay to get ALL the rubber parts replaced. Belts, hoses, brake hoses, transmission and oil cooler hoses, etc.

I am not a believer in transmission flush. If a fluid change doesn't help and it is acting up, put a kit in it. If it doesn't have a tyranny cooler, put one on asap.

I can do almost everything myself. The transmission shifts fine right now but I just like to flush auto trannys at least once a year. My job requires a lot of stop and go driving and sitting in traffic.

Never owned a 4wd truck before. How are they for daily drivers?

I can do almost everything myself. The transmission shifts fine right now but I just like to flush auto trannys at least once a year. My job requires a lot of stop and go driving and sitting in traffic.

Never owned a 4wd truck before. How are they for daily drivers?

4 x 4 daily driver is little different from a 2 x 4.

Gas mileage slightly less. Tire and brake wear slightly more, that is about it.

The difference is mostly due to weight. If you drive it like you stole it, prepare to pay even more for everything.

I have a 2001 and a 2004 silverado's With 5.3's the 01 has 380,000 and the 04 has 330,000 both have original engine and trans had to replace some parts over the years but not the engine or trans there The best trucks i have ever owned

Back
Top Bottom