• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any opinions on an '05 Chevy Silverado?

4 x 4 daily driver is little different from a 2 x 4.

Gas mileage slightly less. Tire and brake wear slightly more, that is about it.

The difference is mostly due to weight. If you drive it like you stole it, prepare to pay even more for everything.

Gas goes on company credit card. Mpg is no issue for me.

No issues with transfer case or front axles?

Get a carfax, get the dealer to do it free

Carfax was laying on the dash for me when I showed up. 1 moderate accident where it rear ended someone. 1 minor accident where someone rear ended it. No airbag deployments. Appears to have been repaired correctly.

Gas goes on company credit card. Mpg is no issue for me.

No issues with transfer case or front axles?

Front axles come under the heading of routine maintenance. If it ain't installed, no cost. Once you add stuff (4 × 4 gear) it increases your maintenance cost. Especially if you go redneck and lift it any above stock or put bigger tires on it.

Your individual costs are governed by how it was used by the previous owner. If you are in the car business, I am sure you have seen vehicles with a couple hundred miles on the clock with thousands of dollars damage, and not a scratch in the paint.

Your little car dealer no doubt had the vehicle heavily detailed.

Front axles come under the heading of routine maintenance. If it ain't installed, no cost. Once you add stuff (4 × 4 gear) it increases your maintenance cost. Especially if you go redneck and lift it any above stock or put bigger tires on it.

Your individual costs are governed by how it was used by the previous owner. If you are in the car business, I am sure you have seen vehicles with a couple hundred miles on the clock with thousands of dollars damage, and not a scratch in the paint.

Your little car dealer no doubt had the vehicle heavily detailed.

It's totally stock and I would keep it that way. Looks like new tires too.

Yes it has been detailed but many things are obviously in good shape. The leather seats have no cracks or signs of repair. The leather on the steering wheel is nice and supple. The doors don't rattle when closed. The paint is in excellent shape. It appears to have been well cared for.

I just didn't know if there were things that I should specifically look for on a 4wd truck.

4 x 4 daily driver is little different from a 2 x 4.

Gas mileage slightly less. Tire and brake wear slightly more, that is about it.

The difference is mostly due to weight. If you drive it like you stole it, prepare to pay even more for everything.
My commute was/is 26 mi one way. Mostly state hwy and county roads. I always averaged 18 mpg. My v6 manual Toyota would get 21. My current Jeep gets 19.5. City driving will be much lower. Its all how you drive it. I don’t worry about gas mileage or miles. I buy a vehicle to drive.

Back
Top Bottom