• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any other British vehicle morons?

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I have a problem. I've been through 4 Jaguars (94 XJR, 95 XJ VDP, 2004 XJ VDP, 2001 XJR that I only owned for 2 days), a lotus (m100 elan) and two Rovers (2004 D2 and 1983 Series III)
I lost my mind and grabbed a 95 NAS Disco converted to 200tdi and manual.
IMG_20190104_125400.jpg
Ive still got an 04 Disco II either 270k on it, but I wanted a replacement.

I bought it with a grenaded PAS pump, got that ripped out today, now I've just got to order a new one and wait 2 weeks for it to show up from England.
IMG_20190106_154104.jpg

I have a mercedes habit. They are nice cars to drive. Fairly dependable mechanically...... but when something simple like a power rear sunshade breaks. It's a $1200 repair even DIY. That sunshade will never work again.

I have a mercedes habit. They are nice cars to drive. Fairly dependable mechanically...... but when something simple like a power rear sunshade breaks. It's a $1200 repair even DIY. That sunshade will never work again.
My DD is an 07 ML350. It's a great car, but it does get pricey, even doing most of the work DIY.

On the other hand, I've got an old 240D....parts are cheap, it's reliable as hell and easy to work on.

My buddy back in Perry showed me a 95 Disco sitting in a guy's yard about 4 years ago. He told me he could get it for 4 bills. I told him to leave it where it was and that it had been sitting there that long for a reason. But he didn't listen to me. We got it running half ass and I actually drove it for a few weeks. It will run 70 on the interstate just fine but as soon as you come to a stop it chokes down.
When we call shops all over middle GA and tell them we have a Rover the universal response to that is " Don't bring that damn thing here!" Personally I have always wanted an old pre 88 style XJ6 or any XJS cause they look SO cool. If I had a Rover it would have to be one of those diesel model Defenders.
But it takes a special kind of pain enthusiast to own these cars.

My DD is an 07 ML350. It's a great car, but it does get pricey, even doing most of the work DIY.

On the other hand, I've got an old 240D....parts are cheap, it's reliable as hell and easy to work on.
I've got a 06 S430. The owner of the company bought it for 500 at auction. No keys. So far there is about $2200 in it. Getting close to exceeding the value of the car with 240,000. Still just such a pleasure to drive.

My buddy back in Perry showed me a 95 Disco sitting in a guy's yard about 4 years ago. He told me he could get it for 4 bills. I told him to leave it where it was and that it had been sitting there that long for a reason. But he didn't listen to me. We got it running half ass and I actually drove it for a few weeks. It will run 70 on the interstate just fine but as soon as you come to a stop it chokes down.
When we call shops all over middle GA and tell them we have a Rover the universal response to that is " Don't bring that damn thing here!" Personally I have always wanted an old pre 88 style XJ6 or any XJS cause they look SO cool. If I had a Rover it would have to be one of those diesel model Defenders.
But it takes a special kind of pain enthusiast to own these cars.
That's most likely a transmission fluid level issue. Check for leaks in the lines and plugs and top it off.

Back
Top Bottom