• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any other British vehicle morons?

Have been driving assortedBritish sports cars for decades. Currently have a 1981 Morgan Plus 8 which I restored and have owned for 34 years as well as a 2016 Morgan Three Wheeler. Have also owned a MG midget, Triumph TR-250, Triumph TR8, and 2 Mini Coopers. It's a disease
A Morgan is on my list of cars I must own. Those things are friggin awesome!

Going to have to disagree.

you got the first part right though.

Owning a Land Rover as a daily driver means you have deep pockets to pay a shop to maintain it; or....... you've got some brains and have figured how to inexpensively work on these incredibly easy to work on vehicles once you figure them out...

I used to drive a Wrangler Sahara for work, traveling to some real out of the way areas. My Discos in stock configuration drove circles around it off road, and in more comfort.
I do almost all the work on my D2. It definitely requires maintenance, but other than the damn coil packs, it's all fairly easy.

Got the diesel D1 going......but I've got to replace the lift pump . It's making noise and stumbling a bit coming off acceleration. Fortunately, it's only $50 and shouldn't take an hour.

I've also got to wire up a manual glow plugs switch. When it was converted, they never wired the plugs up. It doesn't technically need them in this climate, but they're handy. Soaked em in PB blaster a few times. Removed them all today to see if they're gonna give me trouble and they all came out easy. Gonna replace the plugs and wires it up with a momentary switch and a starter solenoid .

My intercooler is pretty much trash. It holds pressure, but the find are mangled. It still cools a lot though and there are some people that don't even run them on the 200tdi, so it's not a crisis.

Head gasket is toast. The common failure venting cylinder to atmosphere at the back of cylinder 4.

Just got all the parts in for that and a few more projects, hopefully I get to it this weekend .

Good luck.

So far, with four engine failures in four different Rovers. It has been a cracked block allowing the engine to pressurize the coolant system rather than the head gasket...

Good luck.

So far, with four engine failures in four different Rovers. It has been a cracked block allowing the engine to pressurize the coolant system rather than the head gasket...
Cracked block is pretty much unheard of with the 200tdi. It's a big chunk of cast iron, not the aluminum that Disco V8s used.

Made my first rape van purchase today, indirectly. Grabbed a 1/2" techangle, used, for 2 hundo. Just calibrated and handle replaced last year.
IMG_20190307_141406.jpg

Back
Top Bottom