• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any other veterans feel sometimes like you are addicted to buying gun stuff or just stuff in general.

I'm telling you I'm not happy unless I spend every free cent I have on new stuff like guns and whatnot. The Doc says some of the meds I take as well as life experiences (kinda like you're probably gonna die so get it now) cause excessive spending and addictive personality disorders. I'm really starting to believe that is true.

It's not hurting me because all the bills get paid first but if anything is left over it burns a hole in my pocket.

Just curious if other veterans are experiencing this in their lives.
yep. My wife says as long as the bills get paid and I don't go into debt she really doesn't care

Went broke middle of the month last month. I really need to cut back on purchases. Wait.......... Christmas.................../Sigh

That's how I've managed to both stay sane and own some cool=ass ****. My priorities are covered. I get my own "slush" fund that has no influence on any of the above. My wife gets the same with the same rules, even though we make different amounts of money. I can do what I want with mine and she with hers. For instance, I had $1k saved in my account and wanted a Tavor. I could either a) not get it, b) wait and save more, c) sell a gun or something else in the fund to hit the difference. Out goes a ruger pcc, in comes the Tavor :hat:

This applies to me but I am not a vet. I don't like to sell a handgun with no paperwork unless I bought it with no paperwork. I do my buying and selling at LGS's in my area. Thankful I do not have to sneak guns in and out of the house or answer any questions about them to my wife.

Chucks Gun and Pawn in my city maintains a good selection of firearms. Their 20% down and 90 day layaway option makes any gun you really want obtainable with no strain on your budget.

It is an addictive personality. We all have it at some level. I used to want the latest gun. I solved that by shooting matches. I found what gun works best for me and I am now obsess about improving my ability with the gun that I have. Dry firing doesn’t cost anything but two or three matches a week is about $50 and 300 rounds of 9mm is costing me about $45. $400 a month is My workout allowance. I do get a decent workout. I will be happy to help spread the addiction to anyone if they want to drive to the Roswell area. I am not highly successful compared to a few other shooters on here. I use the excuse of age but it is really ability Some have it and some do not.

Back
Top Bottom