• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any possibility of having the seller’s city show on the list of items on the classified page?

I understand. I thought it just populated the map based on the zip code the Seller put in. That's what it does for my listings. And there's a spot for the city name too.
You are correct about the map. Once you open an ad the map shown is based on the zip code entered. However, the section the ad is listed under is chosen by the seller. If someone lives in Columbus Ga but puts the listing in the Central Ga section, you’ll see a map of where the person lives based on the zip they enter. Only after opening the ad do you find out the seller is nowhere near Central Ga. All I suggested was that the City they are selling in shows up on the title just like the price does which was also recently suggested. The map someone discussed above was referencing a statewide map with grids available at the time you choose the section of Ga you want to post in.

You must just want to complain if you aren't able to provide a clear definition and a reasonable solution to your grievance. Do all the moderators agree on location by zip code? If we're going to be infracted for posting in the wrong geographic location, shouldn't we be warned first? Since the geographic center of Georgia is 17 miles south of Macon, where does South Georgia begin? I don't see a location for Middle West Georgia. Columbus is roughly the same latitude as you, so am I in South West Georgia sitting in Columbus, or in Middle Georgia? If I'm in South Georgia, that would put you in South Georgia as well.
Call it what you want but this section is meant to post suggestions to the site owner and the developers. I said nothing about mods agreeing or not with the zip code entered and nothing about getting an infraction. Now you’re just making stuff up. I merely suggested having the person’s actual city show up on the ad title just like the sale price does now.

Back
Top Bottom