• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recommendations for head resurfacing/rebuild?

SOLGardener

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
I'm working on getting my Land Cruiser back on the road. The last step I'll need to outsource is the head work. I called a local shop (Slack Machine Shop in Gainesville) and was told they won't touch it because it's a twin cam 24 valve and he doesn't have the right equipment.

anyone know a guy?

One that'll stand behind his work?

I expect it'll need to be checked for flatness and maybe shaved, and valve seals replaced, and valve adjustment.

I have used Dover Cylinder Head in the past near the airport, mainly because they were all I could find. Work was OK, not great, but OK.

I know a guy, but the shop he works at is in Canton. Pair of 3MZ-FE heads being worked on.
20170523_190759.jpg

In case you want to go big, they'll cover that too. :D

20170804_095852.jpg

Thanks guys for the tips. For some reason I got zero alerts.

I'll check the guy near Road Atlanta and the spot in FB and work my way out from there.

About checking the Land Cruiser site, they pretty much only refer a guy to Atlanta Custom Creations (ACC Garage).
I called them about a rebuild and they quoted me $8,000! That's more than I paid for the truck FFS! I want to say it was over $3K to change the head gasket, so I'll find somewhere else to get the head machined. If not, I'll take it to Lanier Tech and do it myself.

Thanks guys for the tips. For some reason I got zero alerts.

I'll check the guy near Road Atlanta and the spot in FB and work my way out from there.

About checking the Land Cruiser site, they pretty much only refer a guy to Atlanta Custom Creations (ACC Garage).
I called them about a rebuild and they quoted me $8,000! That's more than I paid for the truck FFS! I want to say it was over $3K to change the head gasket, so I'll find somewhere else to get the head machined. If not, I'll take it to Lanier Tech and do it myself.

By all accounts ACC is a good outfit but man, they are expensive. They used to farm most of their machine work out to a guy in Sugar Hill but he closed his shop. ACC probably bought him!

Back
Top Bottom