• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recommendations on a O/U shotgun for Skeet or Trap?

I really like my Huglu, I believe they are the same as CZ Canvasback and neither breaks the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price range you are looking for will make a big difference. Find one that fits you well. I like longer barrels. I would recommend not getting fixed chokes and look into getting a good set of chokes to go with what you get. The ammo will make a big difference as well. Cheap ammo doesn't pattern as well. But I would spend an amount that justifies the amount you will be shooting. A bad day shooting is better than a good day at work. I use a stoger competition. I paid 450 for it and shoot in the high 70's to low 80's with it. It's a bit heavier than better models but that doesn't bother me. Not sure where your planning on shooting but you can rent them at Garland Mountain and shoot a round through them to see if you like it. Most of there's are higher end, not sure of your budget.
Good luck and welcome to something very addictive.

I really like my Huglu, I believe they are the same as CZ Canvasback and neither breaks the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just picked up one of those a month ago and still haven’t had the chance to shoot it. Glad to see that someone likes them, the price was right and it looked like a nice shotgun.

All the older fellers that shoot a lot use heavy 410s or 28 gauges.

100 rounds of 12 gauge is just too hard on an older man’s shoulder. Even the light skeet loads. Busting clays with a smaller caliber also shows off more skill. In my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom