• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOW TO LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE

Teach me, please. I got no will power.
For sodium, look at nutrition labels. Anything with more sodium than calories is bad (2000 calorie diet, 2000mg sodium is the basic recommendation, 1500-1800mg is better). Lower is, of course, better. You can balance out "high" sodium in some things, as long as the calories aren't too high.

Gotta have my coffee.. but that’s all I drink with caffeine in.. don’t drink soda or tea, very little tea.. I think the Benadryl is something I’ll try
Just be careful, it often makes people sleepy. Or, like my wife, "loopy" (her word).

If your on meds, you try changing the time(s) you take it. Check you BP at different times during the day to see if time changes could help.
When I do something, I tend to over-do it. When I first started tracking mine, I was checking (roughly) every hour. Over a 1-2 week period I'd have several measurements for each hour period. I used that to vary my med times (I'm on 5 different meds, 11 pills a day, just for BP, take them at 4 different times - in fact it time for some now!).

Walking 15-30 minutes a day has the biggest impact on mine.

I’ve cut out most salt and use pepper and garlic for seasoning! I average 10 miles walking a week and take a niacin and omega 3 supplement daily! Eat salad for lunch every day and cook vegetables for supper and eat mostly fish and chicken breast at supper! Leave fried food to once a week. All this has helped lower my blood pressure and Cholesterol. Remove stress from your life and in my case I’ve lost 32 pounds in last 3 months.
Very impressive. Best advise your probably going to get

You probaly dont want to donate to the red cross as they are very active in providing material and logistical support for illegals to come into this countru

You got some good advice in this thread. Drop the caffeine and dip (both stimulants that drive BP up). Get exercise... lift weights and walk 2-3/week each. No fast food. No seed oils. Salt intake doesn't effect BP for most people, but it may for you. Worth going sodium restricted for a week or two to see what happens. Eat grilled and baked meat, fresh (raw is best) vegetables, and whole grains - no processed foods.

How old are you? Height / weight?

A good quality Omron blood pressure cuff on amazon is pretty cheap. Start checking your BP multiple times a day and log it.

My heart doctor has this on his wall and firmly believes in it for long healthy life style. My heart has been perfect but at my age I go every 6 months just to be sure.
IMG_2847.jpeg

I’ve been denied the last 3 times on donating blood because my bottom number is TOO HIGH(over 100)
I’m wondering if anyone has any natural remedies to lower blood pressure.. obviously my meds aren’t working anymore.. I’ve put a call into my dr that the meds aren’t doing what they should anymore.. rather than wait on him to get my message I’d rather try something different, along the lines of herbs or what not…
Any suggestions?
Check out Dr Barbara O'Neil. I've been doing this for months now and mines never been lower. My Dr even cut my BP medicine dosage down after my physical last year.

Back
Top Bottom