• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any rifle stock craftsmen?

khigh

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
1   0
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a proper name for people who work with rifle stocks as a subset of gunsmithing.

I have what I think is called a "stock blank". I'd like to have a rifle fitted into. It goes beyond the 95-98% stocks you get in terms of what's needed. And the exterior is just roughly stock shaped - going to need shaping more than what I'm comfortable with.

I have a professional furniture maker I'm sure can pull it off - he's an exquisite craftsman, but I'm thinking if it's not prohibitive, I'd like to have it checkered while I'm at it.

When I search stock people on the internet, I don't find anyone local, but also seem to only turn up people doing total work of art museum pieces. Definitely not in my budget! Something much more basic.

Any suggestions? I'm up and down the Northeast corridor mostly, between Metro and NEGA - even into Upstate SC, but I'm willing to drive a bit.

Thanks for looking!

Turns out what I'm looking for isn't a thing. Stock fitters and checkerers are two different sets of people. Your stock needs to be completely finished and fully cured (3-4 weeks) before you send it off to a checkerers.

So now just looking for someone to do fit and finish.

Back
Top Bottom