• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any senoia LEO on here?

We have a extended daughter (long story) that lives in Jacksonville and every time my wife goes to see here she comes home from this little town on the border with a speeding ticket

200 (1)-1.gif

This is a long response, get comfy

First, the money is gone.

buh-bye

There’s a couple of options, based on my many years of getting tickets as a trucker in the 90s with a fast truck (mine would do 104, never got popped going that speed...)
And from years of owning a Smokey and the bandit teams am,
I never got tickets in the T/A because I was working at a state park and the state park uniforms look identical to the game warden uniforms so the cops half the time wouldn’t even ask for my DL, just tell me to slow down and hop back in their car.

First, you are out of the money, it’s gone anyway you slice it, once the revenue collection officer wrote the paper.

The first option is to call the prosecutor or judge and ask if there’s anyway they can work with you to have the points not show up on your DL.
This doesn’t cost any money and will only take a few minutes, usually they will refuse and sometimes refuse to even talk to you, which is why you pay the lawyer, the lawyer works with the prosecutor and judge everyday and they won’t talk to YOU but they will talk to the lawyer.

sometimes the judge will agree to lower it or dismiss it if you pay the fine.

Dawson county did this for me years ago when I got busted for speeding on the end of 400.
I called the number on the ticket and asked what was the fine , and then when they told me I chuckled and said that’s not much, I can pay that no problem, but expressed concern about the points on my DL and asked if there was any way WE could have this ticket not show up on my DL if I pay it?

she put me on hold for a few and came back and said the judge would agree to dismiss it if I paid it.
I even got that in an email, and mailed em a check.

The only way to not pay any money is to go to court and win your case, which I have done, but the odds of that are rare. And there is no negotiation, you either win and walk out or you lose and pay up,
Hiring a lawyer means you can negotiate.

Or you could request a jury trial, in Georgia a traffic ticket is a criminal charge, and you can take it to a jury trial if you want .

Since you’re already out the money ,
your main goal should be to avoid points on the DL

You can hire a local lawyer who Probabaly goes hunting and fishing with the judge , and pay them to get it reduced.

you could show up on the court date, at the court where the cop works for the city of Senoia , and the prosecutor works for the city and the cop works for the city, and the entire goal of this is to move money from your pocket to theirs.

and if the cop shows up you can request that the ticket be transferred to state court.

in state court the cop can’t predict what day and time it will be held , he could be on duty or on vacation on that date., and it’s a few miles away,
So your odds of him not showing up to testify are higher. But now you’re going to court at least twice , maybe three times if they are like city of Atlanta , when you show up on the court date in Atlanta. That’s just for suckers who plead guilty, if you want to contest the ticket, you have to come back again 4 weeks later.

Probabaly the best option is hire a local lawyer, that does that kind of thing to keep the points off the DL

usually they accomplish this by getting the prosecutor to agree to a suspended sentence in exchange for you pleading guilty and paying a (usually higher) fine.
The suspended sentence works like this: you plead guilty and pay the fine but the city doesn’t report it to the state, and if you don’t get another ticket in that city for the length of time you agreed to, usually 12 months, the ticket vanishes.
If you do get another ticket in that jurisdiction, the old one comes back.
Also you can plead nolo once every five years and have the points not show up.

Mrs roundhouse got a ticket for making a U turn and had it go away with a nolo.

Also I would highly recommend a valentine radar detector as a Christmas gift.
They are about $400-500 but if it saves you from ONE ticket , it’s paid foe itself.

Im just paying the ticket lol nbd just figured id check to see if anyone on odt had any pull over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I live in a subdivision off Rockaway. Just watch your speed.

I think Tyrone is worse myself. I don't see the Senoia cops out much on Rockaway, not many places to park.

I agree about Tyrone. While Senoia raised the cost of many city violations Tyrone went with a different approach and lowered the speed limits on all of the major city streets to make more money. I vote with my wallet and don't stop and spend money in either place. They have made their towns too unfriendly for me.

Sorry I live in a subdivision off Rockaway. Just watch your speed.

I think Tyrone is worse myself. I don't see the Senoia cops out much on Rockaway, not many places to park.
I live on Standing Rock....16 through town or any road inside town...and near the lake on Rockaway is where they like to hide.

I watch my speed just fine, thanx for the advice though. Problem is roads that are 25(that anywhere else would be 35) and 26 gets you a ticket. Or Rockaway from 54 going down the hill towards the lake, or from town towards the lake...the only possible way to do 35 is ride your brakes hard all the way down the hill and 36 gets you a ticket. Senoia is speed trap hell.

Im just paying the ticket lol nbd just figured id check to see if anyone on odt had any pull over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No way would I just hand over the money AND get points on your DL.
You will be handing over more money to your insurance company for years and years.

should at the very least show up in court and if the cop shows up ask for it to be bound over to state court,
and if the cop shows up in state court , argue your case with an impartial prosecutor and judge. Or plead guilty and pay it, if you pay it in state court the greedy posing town does not get the money, the state does .
So the posing town had to pay their cop overtime to appear in court and they don’t get the money.

and who do you suppose bought those radars and gave them to the police dept?

your insurance company, that’s who.
The auto ins company’s buy the radars and donate them to every police dept so they will write more tickets so the ins co can raise your rates.

I live on Standing Rock....16 through town or any road inside town...and near the lake on Rockaway is where they like to hide.

I watch my speed just fine, thanx for the advice though. Problem is roads that are 25(that anywhere else would be 35) and 26 gets you a ticket. Or Rockaway from 54 going down the hill towards the lake, or from town towards the lake...the only possible way to do 35 is ride your brakes hard all the way down the hill and 36 gets you a ticket. Senoia is speed trap hell.
If a town in Georgia is writing tickets for less than 10 over, you should talk to a lawyer.
I think the legislature a few years ago restricted everyone except the state troopers from writing a ticket for less than 10 over.
Mostly because the cops and cities are money hungry and corrupt, I think it was caused by Some podunk corrupt town in south GA called Ludiwici ?

And if it’s on a hill, you should investigate whether the town has permission to use radar on that stretch of road, in fact you should check that for any stretch of road,

Radar tickets are restricted based on the incline of the road, but most towns want the money so bad they ignore the restriction and figure than no one will ask to see the radar certification for that stretch of road.

Clayton county was doing it , so was Cobb county. And you shouldn’t plead guilty and pay it without verifying that the dept had permission from the state to use radar on that particular street section of road

grantville PD wrote someone a $1,200 ticket for not displaying a current decal on their tag, they had purchased it but not stick it on,
Until the AJC and WSB Aired the story, then poof, they dropped the charges.

you should never assume the cops and the city are acting legally, because a lot of the time, they are not .

rihht now, , I’d request a jury trial , they’d Probabaly dismiss the case to avoid the cost and hassle of a jury trial for speeding .
it would certainly be worth checking into to see what offer they would make to reduce it to avoid covid court

Clayton is also reducing the fines to get people to avoid court appearance
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...rances/D57QU9RUcSNMwY7ZszSZEP/?outputType=amp

Back
Top Bottom