• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any stores that carry Hornady One Shot Case Lube?

I will look at my work-bench ... I may have a unused can of the Hornady stuff sitting there.
If I do, you can have it for whatever Academy would charge for replacement (If, when they get it in)

Unfortunately, all I have is the One-Shot Gun Cleaner and Dry Lube. Great for cleaning trigger/FCG's but probably not a good choice for case lube!

I can give you some of the Alcohol/Lanolin stuff I use as we are moving and I can't pack it!

Unfortunately, all I have is the One-Shot Gun Cleaner and Dry Lube. Great for cleaning trigger/FCG's but probably not a good choice for case lube!

I can give you some of the Alcohol/Lanolin stuff I use as we are moving and I can't pack it!
Thanks! I’m going to try bass pro a little later today. If they don’t have it I will take you up on your offer.

Thanks! I’m going to try bass pro a little later today. If they don’t have it I will take you up on your offer.

Looks like I have ~8-10 OZ that I am glad to give you. You will need some sort of hand sprayer to apply it, and good ventilation as the alcohol evaporates quickly. Some use a zip-lock bag, which is good for small quantities. Others use a pad ... which is time-consuming. I usually stand the cases on a piece of cardboard and apply the spray .. a light coat is usually sufficient. after it drys, I load 'em. I've found that you can mix un-sprayed cases every 4-5 sprayed case. This to assure that there is no chance for build-up in the sizing die. Lanolin does not affect primers or powder.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/will-lanolin-spray-contaminate-powder-primers.337224/

BTW: I use Carbide Dies and avoid spraying into the case ... some get there anyhow, but has never caused a problem for me.

+1 on the lanolin and alcohol.. I used to use one shot and got a few stuck cases and started making my own lube. for $10 on amazon I have enough to last me a few years at least.

+1 on the lanolin and alcohol.. I used to use one shot and got a few stuck cases and started making my own lube. for $10 on amazon I have enough to last me a few years at least.

Hey, just another justification to start-up a home distillery: Make Your Own E-85, Make Your Own Vodka
Heck, growing-up we knew people that ran their cars off 190 Proof during WWII. Their family made moonshine for their own consumption because they knew that theirs was better for them than "store-bought" ... They never sold any of it, but did give some away to close friends ... some of which fell into my hands. Man, what great tasting stuff! Kind of powerful in that their standard 100 Proof was so smooth that it could be consumed "neat" ... which could too quickly lead to inebriation!

BTW: ATF Monitors: They have all been dead for more than 40 years now.
So, if you want to know where they are, the answer is "Heaven"!

I switched after my first can of one shot ran out. 1 Heet fuel treatment and a couple teaspoons of liquid lanolin mixed in a spray bottle. Works great.

Lanolin is even used in nail polish remover (acetone) to keep the lady's nails from drying-out!
This has always worried me as acetone vapors and their long term effect:

https://www.healthline.com/health/acetone-poisoning

Whatever you use, use it in a well ventilated area!

Hey, I abuse my liver enough with ethanol I don't need to add more damage unnecessarily!

Back
Top Bottom